Sign (For Letters and Notes)

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Onasaki

Sign (For Letters and Notes)

Post by Onasaki »

Is it possible we could get this to be customizable so that you don't get the silly error of "you haven't signed the letter!" when you're not in the business of sharing your coded name to people? I don't want to change my coded name just to make it reflect the signature I want to leave behind.

Mostly, I'd see it function like a craftmark request. You just request what you want to be able to sign as, or maybe we get a command to set it ourselves. Signature Set. Etc.

I just don't like that silly error when I don't functionally use the sign command on a letter, even though I did sign it.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Lexx416

Re: Sign (For Letters and Notes)

Post by Lexx416 »

Alternatively, maybe just make it so that the SIGN command uses whatever you've named yourself as? Similar to how Introduce automatically pulls from that (without actually changing your coded name).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

I think being able to customize the SIGN command would be pretty neat.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Lexx416 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 am Alternatively, maybe just make it so that the SIGN command uses whatever you've named yourself as? Similar to how Introduce automatically pulls from that (without actually changing your coded name).
This is actually how it works! It wasn't necessarily apparent though, so I've updated the SIGN messaging to reflect what exactly your signature will be:
sign letter
You're about to append the following signature to an inscribed parchment letter:
Rias, mailbox #1234
Confirm by typing sign again within the next 10 seconds.

name self as Dalin, son of Vundin, Lord of Noria
You will now recall you as Dalin, Son Of Vundin, Lord Of Noria.

sign letter
You're about to append the following signature to an inscribed parchment letter:
Dalin, Son Of Vundin, Lord Of Noria, mailbox #1234
Confirm by typing sign again within the next 10 seconds.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO