Breaking wood crafts

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Xandrea

Breaking wood crafts

Post by Xandrea »

I was thinking about spears when this cropped up.

Primarily helpful for bushcraft characters that use weapons.
Wooden weapons have a limited durability. I propose that we can opt to [break] them and salvage them for some parts.
Whittled spears for instance could be broken into one or two medium straight branches.

Not too useful on it's own there but, this can apply to other bushcrafts or woodworks with non-repairable parts. (Primarily Lithics)
If my lithic-tipped arrows break (The head is broken, chipped irreparably) That's just one piece, so [break] it and take the fletching and string back.
This could similarly be done with most lithics that have a fabric component.

Alternatively this could give a benefit of increasing bushcraft as a whole. Breaking your item may destroy the components. Higher bushcraft could increase the probability of getting back your string, 1-3 fletching, and maybe even the arrow stave. I don't think however that getting back the business end of these items should be possible. As whatever that business end may be is what took the majority of the damage in the first place.
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?