Skipping Stones

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Lexx416

Skipping Stones

Post by Lexx416 »

This is something I've been ruminating on, that seems like it'd be a fun addition to the game! It'd be great if we could skip stones across water surfaces (rivers, lakes, shallows, etc.), with various levels of skill check success based off of a hidden roll. I'd probably make it so that Ranged (or 75% artifice/melee) is the highest weighing factor for the skill roll itself, with the stone type itself weighing a little as well - finding a rock in Shadgard canyon and skipping it should work, poorly. Ideally, you'd want to go by a river and FORAGE ROCK to try to find a (new item you'd have to add in) river stone or skipping stone, so that you can skip a stone further than someone just using a random rock they find in the wilds.

With this, I'd also like to suggest a new Generic ability - Trick Shot (probably needs a better name). This ability would essentially give you a base reroll on stone skipping as well as some cool little RP things you could do (similar to how Flip gets some cool social stuff), but would also apply to small thrown weapons as well - knives and smaller. I'd lock it behind 100 ranged, but make it a general ability (and possibly add some class specialization bonuses).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
tulpa

Re: Skipping Stones

Post by tulpa »

I felt a strange desire to see this in-game today, and lo! Lexx has already suggested it. So just want to +1 this request.

Additionally, there could be different techniques for the skipping stones game, functioning in a similar way to the different arguments for SLEIGHT VANISH.

As for the Trick Shot ability, I could maybe see it functioning as a technique for distracting enemies in combat.