Sanity fluff

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

Sanity fluff

Post by Talyn »

So I'm making this post here so anyone can add on to. I would talking with Rias and thought it would be cool to have some RP fluff that would trigger once you're at certain sanity levels. Adding more so they're in a list would be great that way there's different triggers or lines of RP.

Anxious:
You feel the pressure of the world around you pressing against your shoulder.
Looking around you feel everyone's eyes lingering on you.

Paranoid:
Feeling the crawling presence lingering on you, you look around and see the crowd murmuring among themselves and pointing at you. (User) glances around every so often.
The hairs on the back of your neck stand up and as you turn around no one is there. (User) quickly turns around, looking behind them.

Insane: (Sadly I don't know all the sanity levels or I would add more.)
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
HeckTurtle

Re: Sanity fluff

Post by HeckTurtle »

Just adding this real quick, but the next level is Irrational, and then the bottom level is Insane. Maybe this will help, hopefully?
Teri

Post by Teri »

My idea is something where you noticing people moving, as in like when we notice people moving around who are hidden, but no one is actually there.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Sanity fluff suggestions!

I think it'd be cool if players received different kinds of sanity fluff messages, based off of what kind of occult effects they have up at presence, as well as whether or not they're in the presence of Active Occult Stuff. So for example, a Sorcerer who's channeling sorcery or has sorcery spell on them (including a familiar present) at low sanity might be some spooky messaging about shadows creeping up at the corners of their vision, channeling Druidry/active Druidic Abilities could trigger hearing howls, feeling certain primal emotions, etc., being insane in a room with an Arcane Circle could produce cool spooky messaging, etc.

Bonus points if specific abilities triggered specific sanity messaging (being a druid with barkskin up while insane might make you feel like a tree <and cause a little extra RT when moving>, but being IN a room with a druid with barkskin has a chance to make the druid look like a tree briefly)!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."