Board Reformation

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Navi

Board Reformation

Post by Navi »

With the recent influx of players, and the new town coming to the lost lands, it is not surprising to see the boards flair up with activity. I think it's great to see so many people interacting and role playing. It is promising for the future to be sure.

That being said, the boards as they are now are very unwieldy. If you want to find a previous post, or even just try to trace a thread of conversation back to previous messages, you have to look at every single post on the board. This is sometimes hundreds of lines to comb through to find information. My idea is to allow characters to reply to messages posted, and only display the number of replies next to the post. If desired, the replies can be read, using the post number as a reference. In this way, the boards are more easily managed. I think there would only need to be three commands. Post message, reply <post number> <message>, and read <post number> <reply number> or read <post number> all to read all of the replies for that post.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again