BBS and Changelog Channels

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
alila

BBS and Changelog Channels

Post by alila »

Hi,

Sorry if this is a very complicated request or if there is a reason for the current situation of which I am not aware, but could we please have changelog and BBS post live updates announced through a medium which is not the game channel? Or, alternatively if it is handled this way for the benefit of Discord, a way to filter out regular chats, bbs announcements, or changelog announcements from the channel in-game. Both from an it will be so much neater and organized-feeling standpoint and a giving players to better customize what information they wish to receive while playing one, being able to separate the three seems much more flexible.

Thank you,
-Alila
nobody

Re: BBS and Changelog Channels

Post by nobody »

I have seen some comments on this in the game channel and have been waffling on making such a post myself, because reasons. On the up side, it is really convenient to be able to get notifications for changelogs, bbs posts, and most especially general ooc announcements (for say vendor events) even when the ooc channel is muted.
Last edited by nobody on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Re: BBS and Changelog Channels

Post by Rias »

The BBS announcements at one point had their own channel. I'm trying to remember why I merged it into #GAME, but I'm not coming up with any particular reason, which probably means it boiled down to my being lazy about something. Hmmm. I bet it had to do with when I started bridging a bunch of different chat protocols, and didn't want to make a bunch of channels in each one.

But yes, #GAME is very noisy at this point as discussed elsewhere, so I think it'd be worth the effort to split these things out into their own channels again. Announcements (preceded with <ANNOUNCEMENT>) do go to everyone even if they have #GAME muted, as an FYI. I do want to be mindful of having too many channels as well, so it might be a good idea to discuss which kinds of announcements should have their own channels, which can be grouped together, and which can potentially stay in #GAME.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO