Outfitproof/outfit add

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Maina

Outfitproof/outfit add

Post by Maina »

The outfit command is great. But sometimes, I'll add a sheath or a bag to one outfit and, honestly, I want to always be wearing it and have it be part of all my outfits.

Two suggestions for this:

1. Outfitproof - this command marks an item to be ignored by the Outfit command. It will not remove it if worn or add it to the saved parts in an outfit. Strip/change would still remove it so you can bathe easily still.

2. Outfit add [item] [outfit] - Lets you add a piece to an outfit without having to wear the outfit and save it all over again. So if you buy a bag while wearing your daily outfit, you can 'outfit save daily' as normal, but then also 'outfit add bag work' and 'outfit add bag datenight'. Maybe 'outfit add [item] to [outfit] to keep the style other commands use. There could be an 'outfit remove' to do the opposite if you are replacing one cloak with another, too. Or maybe out 'outfit add' automatically remove anything worn in the same slot as what you're removing.
Candelori

Re: Outfitproof/outfit add

Post by Candelori »

I came to the BBS to request what would amount to item 1 of the above suggestions. Item 2 would be very much appreciated as well.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: The OUTFIT IGNORE and OUTFIT UNIGNORE commands can now be used to manage a list of items that should be ignored (and thus kept on) across outfit changes via the outfit command.

Ignored items will be removed from saved outfits if they were previously a part of one, and will not be added to saved outfits while worn.

Type OUTFIT IGNORE LIST to see a list of items currently being ignored across outfits.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Serity

Re: Outfits - similar object

Post by Serity »

To toss another suggestion up; OUTFIT SIMILAR [outfit] [object] (? probably better syntax exists) to flag an object in an outfit as storing an item type rather than an item instance (a more proper term might be an item prototype, maybe?). Pendant holders are all very great, yes, yes, but I'm sure "cannot find crystal pendant" and resaving outfits all the time every time one expires isn't everyone's cup of tea. Suggested syntax would flag an object that's part of noted outfit to, if there isn't already a similar item worn, grab whatever it can find that's the same item type (perhaps prioritizing matching color). Also has good use when people have multiple copies of things such as shirts that they send off to NPC repairs.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Serity wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:34 am To toss another suggestion up; OUTFIT SIMILAR [outfit] [object] (? probably better syntax exists) to flag an object in an outfit as storing an item type rather than an item instance (a more proper term might be an item prototype, maybe?). Pendant holders are all very great, yes, yes, but I'm sure "cannot find crystal pendant" and resaving outfits all the time every time one expires isn't everyone's cup of tea. Suggested syntax would flag an object that's part of noted outfit to, if there isn't already a similar item worn, grab whatever it can find that's the same item type (perhaps prioritizing matching color). Also has good use when people have multiple copies of things such as shirts that they send off to NPC repairs.
I get the shirt argument, but I don't understand the issue for pendants. If you have a fancy esp artifact that's swappable, you can save that in your outfits, no big deal. If you don't have one and are using disposable ones, you just outfit ignore pendant whenever you get a new one (or whenever you swap outfits and realize that took your pendant off).
Serity

Post by Serity »

nobody wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:14 pmI get the shirt argument, but I don't understand the issue for pendants. If you have a fancy esp artifact that's swappable, you can save that in your outfits, no big deal. If you don't have one and are using disposable ones, you just outfit ignore pendant whenever you get a new one (or whenever you swap outfits and realize that took your pendant off).
Right, it's not a problem if you have a fancy artifact, but sometimes you don't want your pendant as part of an outfit, whether that's because you have a topless outfit and can't conceal it, stealth/sneaky outfit, want to use consumable anklets/bracelets/other basic or fancy-yet-unswappable pendants as part of a specific outfit, or whatever other reason. Likewise, you may want to make sure that when you switch to an outfit, you do get a pendant (or anklet...) even if you didn't have that sort before. And 'outfit ignore pendant' every single time you get a new one is something that would also be avoided with this, though 'ignore' is still very convenient for those who always wear pendants and don't want to update ten outfits every time they get a new one.

Admittedly, the shirt thing is more of a problem, not catching that one is going out topless when they didn't mean to... but there's still definitely use cases for just "grab whichever crystal pendant is at hand".
Candelori

Post by Candelori »

Thank you for this update. It has already proven quite useful.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.