Tailoring skill gain

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Rokal

Tailoring skill gain

Post by Rokal »

So, I've been doing tailoring for a bit now, and my tailoring is only just barely reaching 50. There is a few factors for this.

1: The sheer amount of time it takes to make a good supply of cloth to tailor. 3 thread is 1 cloth, it takes about 10-5 seconds for just three thread, and its taking me more than an hour to turn thread into a good 150 cloth.
2: The amount of cloth used, to the amount of steps it takes to finish tailoring an item.

I can burn through about 200 cloth and get maybe 2/3 total points of practice in tailoring.

This feels extremely slow, I think either the steps to make tailored items should increase for the sake of skill gain, or the skill gain it self should be boosted some.

Another way to speed up cloth making is making it so that as a weave grows more skilled, they make more cloth quicker, 200 = 2 cloth for 6 thread, 300 = 3 cloth for 6 thread, 400 = 4 cloth for 9 thread, and so on.
Onasaki

Re: Tailoring skill gain

Post by Onasaki »

If we need a guide to help us figure this out, I've been recording all the knitting/sewing recipes since when you have both Weaving and Sewing, Recipe Info likes to default to Knitting for some things. I've had to gather some info by use.

But yes, my weaving goes up way faster then my Tailoring. I just recently got that to 100 when I've been floating in the 70s-80s for about a week.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Navi

Re: Tailoring skill gain

Post by Navi »

I was thinking about tailoring skill gains this morning. I think the cloth recipe should be moved into tailoring, with weaving still being the primary method of creating threads. Since there are no recipes in weaving that use cloth, it would be a seamless transition.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again