Labeling Crates and barrels!

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Bonehead

Labeling Crates and barrels!

Post by Bonehead »

It sure would be nice and convinient if I could label crates and barrels. Currently, I have to be able to hold an item in one hand to label it. Can't do that with crates! I wanna be able to seperate my goods!
Wut?
ironcross

Re: Labeling Crates and barrels!

Post by ironcross »

I could get behind this. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but some way to refer to something by it's label would be stellar. For instance, when we attach a label, maybe we could be asked for one word as an adjective or something like that.
Rias
DEV

Re: Labeling Crates and barrels!

Post by Rias »

You can pick up crafted crates and barrels as long as they're not too heavy. So if you can't pick it up, transfer everything out of it, pick it up, label it, drop it, and put everything back in.

Since it was an easy update, I've made it so you can label crates and barrels (player-crafted kind only) even when they're on the ground.
ironcross wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:46 amAlso, I don't know if it's possible, but some way to refer to something by it's label would be stellar.
It already is possible. The label text is added to the item's short description, and you can target by anything in an item's short description.
You also notice a rough pine crate labeled "testaroo".
tap testaroo crate
You tap a rough pine crate labeled "testaroo".
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO