Verbal language indicator

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Verbal language indicator

Post by Rias »

It's a little clunky, but actions involving verbal speech in a language other than Common will now have an indicator of the language being used at the beginning of the message. Examples:

From speaker's perspective:
[Language:Giganti] You exclaim, "I am speaking in Giganti. Praise the Mountain Father!"
From bystander's perspective:
[Language:Giganti] Rias exclaims, "I am speaking in Giganti. Praise the Mountain Father!"
From bystander's perspective who doesn't understand the Giganti language:
[Language:Unknown] Rias exclaims, "[something you don't understand]"
It also works with speech in emotes:
[Language:Giganti] Rias stumbles and barely manages to keep his feet! "I meant to do that," he explains while looking rather sheepish.
[Language:Unknown] Rias stumbles and barely manages to keep his feet. "[something you don't understand]" he explains while looking rather sheepish.
(Emotes that do not contain speech will not include the language indicator.)

The language indicator is also color-coded in-game for those with the ANSI colors option enabled, making it easy to simply scan past the indicator quickly and know which language is being used by simply noting its color.

As a reminder, use the LANGUAGE command to choose which language you want to be currently speaking/writing in.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO