Tell history

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Tell history

Post by Rias »

Players can now type TELL HISTORY to see a history of their incoming and outgoing tells. The tell history record starts as of this update, so tells from before now cannot be recalled via TELL HISTORY.

I've updated the privacy policy to include mention of the additional database records required to enable this feature. Do note that the privacy policy has always stated that tells were stored in the commandlogs (along with all other commands except passwords), and could be potentially searched through by the developer/server admin in cases of reports of harassment, mechanics abuse, etc.

Just to clarify, there are no in-game tools to monitor tells. GM spying tools specifically omit them, and GMs have no way to access the records.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Tell history

Post by Rias »

I wanted to put out a notice that tell history will soon(tm) start being trimmed in the ongoing effort to keep database sizes sane. For anyone who has really old tells they want to hang onto for whatever reason, copy them now and paste them somewhere in a personal note file or such.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Re: Tell history

Post by Gorth »

Rias wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 am I wanted to put out a notice that tell history will soon(tm) start being trimmed in the ongoing effort to keep database sizes sane. For anyone who has really old tells they want to hang onto for whatever reason, copy them now and paste them somewhere in a personal note file or such.
I mean honestly having an account buffer size of twenty or even ten thousand would probably be fine, just delete older tells than that. Maybe even less. If someone gets something noteworthy in a tell, they should probably note it down.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.