Strike a POSE

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Strike a POSE

Post by Rias »

The POSE command can now be used to set your character's current pose. It will add the specified text to the parentheses after a character's name in the room listing. For example, if I did ...

POSE leaning against the wall

.. then I would show as: Rias (leaning against the wall)

I admit I have a strange hesitance to implement this kind of thing, but a lot of people have requested it at various times and I've tried to loosen up over potential worries in recent times, so here it is. Don't do silly things with it please, and don't use it to trick people into thinking something is happening when it isn't actually supported by the game. For instance, don't do something like: POSE surrounded by blazing rings of holy fire. I'm particularly nitpicky about occult stuff. Don't assume you can do something with occult/arcane/magic power if there's no coded mechanical example of your character being able do exactly that with their current skills/abilities. The occult power available to characters is very specific, very rote stuff that does precisely what it does and nothing else: that is to say, it isn't freeform.

(I'm okay with people getting the silliness out when first testing the command alone in a room. Go on, get it out of your system.)

A few notes:
- There is a character limit of 50 or less
- Type POSE by itself for syntax help if you ever need a reminder. It mentions that typing POSE CLEAR will clear your pose, for instance.
- Roundtime, traveltime, and moving rooms will clear your pose
- Any skill roll that you make or that is made against you that is affected by standard dodge/block/parry calculations will clear your pose
- Your pose shows in your prompt, to help prevent you forgetting you have a pose set

If any other situations come up where pose should probably be cleared, go ahead and BUG it in-game or post about it here.

Have fun!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO