Encumbrance clarity

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Encumbrance clarity

Post by Rias »

It was always a little awkward trying to communicate encumbrance levels - people usually based it on the color of the messaging, which wasn't helpful to people who don't use the ANSI colors. "You have to be in the cyan or maybe green level of encumbrance."

So, now we have perfectly clear "encumbrance level" number. Behold:

Code: Select all

encu
Encumbrance level: 2
You're not carrying too much, you should be able to move about fairly unburdened.

encu
Encumbrance level: 6
You feel extremely encumbered by all the weight you're carrying. Better find somewhere to unload.
Another handy feature is that it shows in the prompt now:

>Eng E:500 B:0 Enc:6
It's that last bit that says "Enc:6".

Further, the updates I've made to encumbrance make it less demanding on the CPU (every little bit helps) and even better, I can easily go in and adjust encumbrance level thresholds for simple tweaking - I think the system is a bit too forgiving of carry weight at the moment.

Further further, the updates allow for me to easily do things such as, say: have armor skill, certain abilities, and well-crafted armor pieces reduce weight encumbrance for applicable pieces of armor when worn (not when carried, however). Heavy armor users rejoice! But that's yet to come.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO