Falling, Acrobatics, and Agility

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Falling, Acrobatics, and Agility

Post by Rias »

Jumping or falling down long falls can now have a variety of results based on an Acrobatics skill check, taking the Agility attribute into account for extra rerolls. Higher rolls will help avoid taking damage and suffering stagger effects, as well as potentially allow you to land in grace and style for those additional cool points while others fall on their rears.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Re: Falling, Acrobatics, and Agility

Post by ocayucos »

I love this, can it be extended to diving too? I'd love to dive off the Emberlight docks instead of climbing into water at the ladder, and being able to perform more impressive dives with skill in acrobatics and swimming would be really cool.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

ocayucos wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:10 pm can it be extended to diving too?
Done: Changelog-General: Jumping from land into deep water can now have a variety of message results based on Acrobatics/Swimming skill check, taking the Agility attribute into account for extra rerolls.

The messages are pretty generic though, so if people with a thing for diving have some more eloquent messaging suggestions, that'd be great.

I'd love to dive off the Emberlight docks instead of climbing into water at the ladder
And done. You can either JUMP EDGE to jump over the edge of the dock, or use the DIVE command. Both will have the same effect.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

This is great, I'm doing flips into the water now. Thanks! Is there any way to practice acrobatics?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

ocayucos wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:57 pm Thanks! Is there any way to practice acrobatics?
Hrrrm. Not at the moment. I'll start another thread for suggestions.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO