Rates and Debtors

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Irylia

Rates and Debtors

Post by Irylia »

Would it be possible to get more information on how these systems work? I decided to check out the commands briefly and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on it in-game yet. I wasn't able to test them out too thoroughly. The announcement sounds really interesting though. Questions I have so far:

Are the rates a reference for the physicker or is the patient somehow informed of the rates prior to treatment so they can decide if they want the treatment or not?
Do the rates charge automatically if the client has riln on them or send some kind of messaging when tending a patient so they can choose to pay or not?
Does the game inform someone automatically when they owe a debt or is it more of a reminder system for the physicker to tell their patient about it next time?
Is there a way to manually set a "debtor"?
If someone gets marked as a debtor, is there a way to refuse treatment or bypass the debt and treat them anyway if desired?
Does this system only work while "onduty" in an infirmary or anytime a patient is treated - even out in the field?
Do the rates apply to NPCs when going "onduty" or is this only for PCs?
When it says rates are by severity level - does that mean that it will charge that amount and stack it for a severe wound vs a light wound?
If the previous answer is yes - can we get a full list of the severity levels of injuries and the body parts they can apply to so rates can be set appropriately? I wouldn't want to charge someone too much riln if they happen to be injured severely on every body part, but I also don't want to go too light for a single injury either if I decide to test this further.
Actually... can we just get a list anyway so we can know potential total fees for clients?

There's probably more I'll want to know, but this seems like a good start. Thanks for implementing this system! I look forward to learning more about it :)
Rias
DEV

Re: Rates and Debtors

Post by Rias »

Are the rates a reference for the physicker or is the patient somehow informed of the rates prior to treatment so they can decide if they want the treatment or not?
The patient is informed of the charge for the treatment and their running total every time you treat them.
Do the rates charge automatically if the client has riln on them or send some kind of messaging when tending a patient so they can choose to pay or not?
They're just sent a message about your going rate and their running total. Nothing is automatically charged. It's just a way to help physickers keep track of information (and help patients know what to pay and what the physicker's rates are).
Does the game inform someone automatically when they owe a debt or is it more of a reminder system for the physicker to tell their patient about it next time?
See above.
Is there a way to manually set a "debtor"?
Nope. You can manually clear someone's debt (which you'll have to do anyway when they pay you - it's not automatic), and a way to manually adjust an existing debt up or down is in the works.
If someone gets marked as a debtor, is there a way to refuse treatment or bypass the debt and treat them anyway if desired?
It's just a reference tool for the physicker, and has no mechanical effect on treatment or payment.
Does this system only work while "onduty" in an infirmary or anytime a patient is treated - even out in the field?
Any time a physicker with rates set treats a PC, regardless of duty status.
Do the rates apply to NPCs when going "onduty" or is this only for PCs?
Only PCs.
When it says rates are by severity level - does that mean that it will charge that amount and stack it for a severe wound vs a light wound?
It's per point of damage. If your going rate for wounds is 1 and you treat someone who took 15 damage to their arm, you would note a 15 riln fee for that treatment. If your going rate for frostbite is 2 and you treat someone who has 10 frostbite to their neck and 20 frostbite to their head, they're going to end up with fees of 20 and 40 respectively, for a total of 60 for those treatments.
If the previous answer is yes - can we get a full list of the severity levels of injuries and the body parts they can apply to so rates can be set appropriately? I wouldn't want to charge someone too much riln if they happen to be injured severely on every body part, but I also don't want to go too light for a single injury either if I decide to test this further.
You can always tell them once you're finished that you're happy to give them a discount, and clear their debt once they've paid you the agreed-upon cost. If you're going to adjust your rates based on every individual situation, it's probably best to just do so on the fly and not use this system.
Actually... can we just get a list anyway so we can know potential total fees for clients?
See above.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Irylia

Re: Rates and Debtors

Post by Irylia »

Hm... alright. Thanks for the quick answers. I was assuming severity was by tier (moderate, severe, light etc.) not per point of damage. That makes a huge difference.