MetaPrefixes

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

MetaPrefixes

Post by Rias » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 pm

The new MetaPrefixes option has been added. It's off by default, and can be toggled via the OPTIONS command. If a player turns the option on, it will show that player (but not others) prefixes in front of specific actions like uses of the SAY command, the EMOTE command, and room-to-room movement messaging. This is to aid in setting up handy triggers or plugins or other such stuff. Finally, I can have movement sounds in my soundpack!

Examples:

==========

emote does a little dance
::EMOTE:: Rias does a little dance.

::MOVEMENT:: Tester arrives from the southeast, carrying a branch.

'#cheerfully Hello there!
::SAY:: You cheerfully exclaim, "Hello there!"

::SAY:: Tester angrily snaps, "Get lost."

==========

If anyone has any suggestions on what else might have a meta prefix, let me know here.

Rias
DEV

Re: MetaPrefixes

Post by Rias » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:22 pm

MetaPrefixes can now be toggled individually via the METAPREFIXES (or MPF) command. The option is obsolete and has been removed, so people who were using MetaPrefixes before will want to use the new command to enable the ones they want to use.

I've also added the RoomID MetaPrefix option, which will display a room's unique ID on its own line before the name/description/etc. I figure this will be handy for automapping and travel scripts and the like. Do note that some unique circumstances like mazes or other room-based puzzle stuff might have room IDs not show, or show deliberately incorrectly, to prevent meta-ing through said puzzles.