The Toteoh - Vodr - Verungnr connection! Also Nethrim and Infested!

A place to share those crazy "out there" theories that staff won't give any official comment on.
Bonehead

The Toteoh - Vodr - Verungnr connection! Also Nethrim and Infested!

Post by Bonehead »

Isn't it STRANGE that the Ancient history of Cogg has two cultures that describe an ancient cataclysm in their histories? What if I told you that it was TRUE! Not only that, but they are both CONNECTED!

I say that in the Ancient past, the Huecatn people came forth from the Dream Way, chased by the cataclysmic horror known to us today as the NETHRIM! Vodr, a Prime Immortal and Shaper of the World, stepped forth to do battle against these Eldritch horrors, doing his best to defend his creation as well as these people who have come from the Dream Way. Alas, even the might of a Prime Immortal was not enough, and he was cast down and broken, his power shattering and splintering. The Huecatn, not knowing who saved them, attributed this great sacrifice to their All-God, Toteoh!

Huecatn history does not specify what exactly came through the portal, but those in the know can pretty easily understand that it was the Nethrim that came through. Indeed, I suspect that it was during this great battle to protect the world that the Storm lord became CORRUPTED by the Nether, and as he fell into the ocean, weakened and broken by his sacrifice, the Nether twisted and corrupted him, turning him into the Dark and Horrifying entity we know as Verungnr! This is why the voice of his daughter, Naia, is the only thing that is able to keep the Abyssal Horror from devouring the world! THINK people, THINK! 🤔

Not only THAT, But the introduction of the Nether and splintering of Vodr/Toteoh awakened the Infested in the world. Don't you see? The Infested are a sort of Natural Defense system that has been awakened, due to the horrifying Unnatural threat the Nether presents!

The REAL question is, were the Huecatn REALLY fleeing their ancient homeland paradise? Or were they leading the Nethrim and other horrors right to our door in order to turn our world into a Shadow Place of death like their ancient homeland is now? 😱
Wut?
Candelori

Re: The Toteoh - Vodr - Verungnr connection! Also Nethrim and Infested!

Post by Candelori »

The introduction of the nethrim into our world through the Way of Dreams is a fascinating possibility to consider. They certainly seem to match the description of eldritch invaders intent on taking over worlds. This thought also resonates with certain passages from the ARG:
UNRAVELING SEAMS THE OTHER SIDE PUSHES THROUGH THINGS FROM THE WAY OF DREAMS
The nether is pushing through the Way of Dreams into the world of Arad.
THROUGH CLEFTS GLIMPSES OF LOST MEMORIES WORLDS APART TRAVELING PATHWAYS THROUGH THE DARK PUSHES THEM FURTHER
Nether has been shown many times to affect memories, most pointedly with Malfant, and in certain locations exhibiting a particularly concentrated presence of nether.
SOMETHING IS TRYING TO KEEP THEM OPEN STRANGE VISITORS TRAVEL THEM NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE
The nether is trying to keep the clefts, or the passages through the Way of Dreams, open in order to have access to additional worlds to assimilate. The nether is a strange visitor to the world of Arad.

The idea of the Huecatn people deliberately leading the nethrim to Arad is an unsettling one to entertain.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.