Dice game. Triple Threat

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Talyn

Dice game. Triple Threat

Post by Talyn »

Unfortunately, not sure where to place this post so I'm posting it here. Baako has brought up a gambling dice game to the Lost lands! In RL it's called Cee-lo, or Triple dice game, however, he's calling it Triple Threat until another name sounds better. Technically you need 3 6-sided dice to play but for game mechanics you only need 1 that you TOSS three times for the results. The rules of the game are simple, you want the higher sequence of numbers.

So the best rolls are Triples, which is 6-6-6 which is the best roll you can get resulting in a win, it would then go in order in forms of triples on who would win. If one player rolled 5-5-5 but another rolled 3-3-3. The triple 5's would win.

Next best roll is a Sequential 4-5-6; however, Sequential 1-2-3; this is considered an instant loss.

After that it results to pairs, and the third number is the point value. One pair plus any other value; the odd die is the point value. For example, either 2-2-5 or 1-1-5 would give a point value of 5, and either would outscore a roll of 3-3-4 (point value of 4), which would in turn outscore a roll of 5-5-2 (point value of 2). Possible point values range from 2 to 5, since point values of 6 and 1 are special cases. When the point value is 6, this is considered an instant win; conversely, when the point value is 1, this is considered an instant loss.

Any other roll that does not result in pairs, the two sequential rolls above, or triples should be rerolled until a result is given for points. You can play for fun or gamble like we did this evening.

With this said I'm unsure of how to go about it ICly but I would love to turn the storage room in the Hearth and Home into a gambling room. Maybe have a community goal for it or something. A table that could work as a way for a 'banker' so we can bet and it would collect the riln, then the winner would gain the cash out. The thought is still new to me so I'm trying to think of how to word it code wise or something. But these are the rules of the game so far.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
nobody

Re: Dice game. Triple Threat

Post by nobody »

Talyn wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:56 pm With this said I'm unsure of how to go about it ICly but I would love to turn the storage room in the Hearth and Home into a gambling room. Maybe have a community goal for it or something. A table that could work as a way for a 'banker' so we can bet and it would collect the riln, then the winner would gain the cash out. The thought is still new to me so I'm trying to think of how to word it code wise or something. But these are the rules of the game so far.
I'd much rather see a small side-room added to the twin dagger tavern for a gambling room. It seems a more fitting atmosphere.
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

nobody wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:00 pm
Talyn wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:56 pm With this said I'm unsure of how to go about it ICly but I would love to turn the storage room in the Hearth and Home into a gambling room. Maybe have a community goal for it or something. A table that could work as a way for a 'banker' so we can bet and it would collect the riln, then the winner would gain the cash out. The thought is still new to me so I'm trying to think of how to word it code wise or something. But these are the rules of the game so far.
I'd much rather see a small side-room added to the twin dagger tavern for a gambling room. It seems a more fitting atmosphere.
I second the idea of sticking a gambling den in the twin dagger tavern. With drugs. Buyable drugs.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

No mechanics to it, but take a gander at the description of the Twin Dagger cellar sometime.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."