Voicechat Notes - 10 September

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Zombilicious

Voicechat Notes - 10 September

Post by Zombilicious »

Q: Exile flag what?
A: Awe inspiring.

Q: Is there supposed to be somewhere we can raise our stone masonry over 200 at? The mine is capped at 200, and I couldn't find a trainer to get me to 400.
A: He wanted to find a better place than the mines to train it; he has to add more to it.

Q: When was the HUecatn Kingdom splintered? How long ago?
A: He'll have to get back to us. A while ago. A long time ago. He doesn't have a number yet. It's been split into 3 for quite a long time now, people are used to it; it didn't happen recently, no one remembers it who's alive.

Q: How effective is the Wall that keeps Exiles out?
A: They aren't crazy about it. People could climb it/sneak over it if they wanted to, but when it comes to the wall: they built it in a panic because of the plague. It never got through the Fey Forest into Karnath anyway. It's not a huge worry coming through the wall. The Hillfolk actually like the wall; it keeps people out (same with the Khaldeans).

Q: Is silent walking or footpad suppose to effect hostile NPCs as well? It does not seem to do so.
A: If we're talking about not noticing someone come in, it doesn't apply to NPCs; they're looking a lot, it's meant for other PCs. If it worked on NPCs, there'd have to be some sort of pseudo-hiding.

Q: Treasury vault in stormholt? Task riln went there and no idea where it is.
A: He needs to add a way to make withdrawals but not deposits for Stormholdt, New Emberlight, etc. This comes into play if you don't have space on your person for more riln.

Q: Do glyph circles have a zenith? A height at which they no longer can sense souls that enter their boundries? I.E. a bird flying over head.
A: Yes; when you step into a circle, it detects it at the level. Could a person jump over it and avoid it? Maybe. It doesn't go straight up forever, there is definitely a zenith and it isn't very high.

Q: Would a bird trigger it anyways?
A: Maybe, it would depend on the bird.

Q: Are Terlu and iquaj suppose to stack their duration when drawn multiple times? If not, can it be allowed to? It solves a lot of the issues with nightblades focusing in arcana.
A: He doesn't remember if he intended to have glyphs be stackable. He'll think about it; it'd be nice, but on the other hand why bother having a higher duration if you can stack it? Original intent: no, but will be considered.

Q: Is Aelwyn in game, or are they only mentioned?
A: They exist, but they don't pop around commonly on a standard loop. They won't show up every evening at 7. It's an NPC you'll almost never see.

Q: Deer don't have a description. What type of deer are they?
A: He has to consider it! This will involve research.

Q: Are you going to be adding areas for the rest of the world instead of just the plains?
A: Yes; it's on the high priority list.

Q: Do snares only disappear after an animal enters them?
A: Some items aren't disappearing the way they're meant to due to some updates Rias did. He broke it. Shame on him. Shun. Shun. SHUN.

Q: Is there a way to destroy snares yourself?
A: No, they're just meant to go away after a bit.

Q: The Not-Coyotes occur 50% of the time.
A: Zombilicious thinks it's Fellborn's fault. Rias is looking into it. He also found it in the middle of the talk, so now he knows why they appear.

Q: Is it intended that ESP is translating non-common into common?

A: No, that's a bug.

Q: Can objects accumulate risk?
A: No.

Q: What do you find most fun about making/running the game?
A: Making the game, it's fun to put these weird ideas into some form of pseudo-reality and share it with other people. I wanted to write books, but I couldn't pull it off; the next best thing was creating a game. It's fun to interact with the players, see what they do, see how they interpret the world and what kind of place they want to create. The thing I enjoy most is the whole shared experience. It started as a project to teach myself code.

Q: Can we get clarification for warriors: did you fix shield bash?
A: Still just the luck of the draw for right now! Except he fixed it literally during the call, so now it's fixed, so he says.

Q: Will there be a higher tier of combat in the near future?
A: We got distracted with Dreadnoughts.

Q: Can I send zone ideas to you?
A: You can send them to cogg@contrarium.net.

Q: Will there be new ESP colours in the future? Would that be better more of a suggestion type of thread?
A: That'd be good as a thread. He just needs ideas!

Q: If I wanted to apply to be a builder, what would be a good MUD engine in which to demonstrate my skills?
A: Generally builders just send him descriptions for stuff. If they stick around a bit, he has a whole system of commands that you can use to build stuff. Cogg has its own severside creation system.

Q: Are you taking applications for new builders?
A: Yeah, I think so. Always happy to have new builders. He just forgets to talk to them sometimes. There's organization! There's a page on the wiki about builders (help builder in game) and it has some general information about expectations and quotas. Quotas aren't enforced at all, though. Rias is not a slavedriver, apparently.

Q: Armor currently doesn't affect stealth rolls. Is this something that will stay this way, or will it be changed?
A: It's supposed to be affecting your stealth. It won't prevent you from hiding/sneaking, but people should see you.

Q: You had posted for dreams & things for your characters. Did that end today or tomorrow?
A: It ended today (9/10/2021).

Q: Will that open up for other characters in the future also?
A: Yes! He just wanted to make sure we would actually do it instead of putting it off, giving us motivation to get it done. Also, this stuff can be changed later; he just wanted a concept in our minds, causing us to think about our character and share it with the GMs. He wants to keep it to one character per account, though. And he intends to have it in-game to be stored.

Q: When are you going to work on Nuumic lore?
A: I think you mean when am I going to release it. I should do that, I keep getting stuck on one specific thing that causes me to hesitate to post it. I struggle with that kind of thing. I may just leave it out for now.

Q: Can we know about the waffled thing?
A: It has to do with Nuumic cities.

Q: Weapon types. Are there going to be any new weapon types?
A: If you saw them in the other game, you'll likely see them here with the exception of some. We also may get cultural weapons.

Q: Would Parrens have any other languages they lean towards, apart from common?
A: No, not really. Nothing in particular. It's such a hub that it's pretty much everything's going on over there. They don't have a particular tendency towards anything. Also remember: Parren is a homeland, not a race, and anyone from there can be called Parren.

Q: Are there any things in particular need of bug testing?
A: He can't think of anything specific. Everything, as usual. A lot of people are playing with just about every system, which is exciting; there's not many gaps.

Q: Steamstalk mushrooms. Is there a benefit to killing them? Why do they exist?
A: They just exist. He's not just going to tell us the inner reasoning of the Resen, OK.

Q: When can we have two floaty items?
A: NEVER. THEY ARE THE BANE OF RIAS. SUFFER WITH ONE, HEATHENS.

Q: When can we climb trees? Let us climb trees.
A: Climbing trees gets weird. If you climb a tree, is that a way to nope out of interaction? Can you pew-pew them from the tree? Can melee users not get you? It gets dicey. However, for exploring: when he has time to build new areas up trees.

Q: Will modifying be more than what we have? Like a chance to make fancy things with modifying them in a list of adjectives to add?
A: Yeah, there will be a more robust customization system at some point in the future with the ability to shuffle words around and add stuff.

Q: In the Armor-Chink ability description, it says it works with any one-handed light puncturing weapon. Are there any puncturing weapons aside from polehammer and warhammer?
A: There is not. If one was implemented, it would automatically work.

Q: If you get an iron-tipped spear, it's .9lbs in the market, but a whittled spear is 3.5lbs. What's the weight for these supposed to be?
A: It probably has to do with the whittled spears being one piece, whereas iron-tipped spears have components, and things get ~weird~ when those are handled in the market. Rias is working on that also.

Q: What is the weight for a spear in general?
A: 2lbs, yep.

Q: Can spears be used in conjunction with Tactics: Nightblade or other things?
A: Spears are hand-and-a-half. They don't work well with light, finessey Nightblade and Duelist stuff.

Q: Spears were used in phalanx tactics and were used to keep cavalry at bay. Will there be anything to allow people to fend off/attack something that isn't targetting them specifically?

A: It might work. It'd be another guarding mechanic. He has wanted a general bonus to polearms vs. mounted attacks.

Q: NotShad when?
A: Real soon now! He's been focused on Octum stuff lately, but it's coming.
:verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident:
tacos

Re: Voicechat Notes - 10 September

Post by tacos »

Thanks for the notes.