Voicechat Notes - 13 August

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Zombilicious

Voicechat Notes - 13 August

Post by Zombilicious »

- PLANT command for Thief's Tricks does not currently work; it wants to do farming instead.
-- Rias needs to fix that. He remembers that now.
-- It's the old reverse-pickpocket technique.
-- Talyn had a nefarious character in the Other Game who planted dirty, smelly socks on people.
-- Apparently it was fun.

- LEATHERWORKING: would be nice to have modify fur option available for fur color.
-- Talyn has mentioned it more than once. He desires it greatly.
-- Rias says it's a bug in a pile. We have a big bug pile.

- Hoss still wants hairy feet.
-- It's at the top of the pile.
-- It will always be there. Until Ragnarok.

- More rare, exotic animals to kill and skin and turn into fancy clothes.

- Onjord: What are they, really?
-- Kaiju started to explain, then said Rias should, and then no one explained.

- NEW ZONE: Rias is enjoying that people are enjoying it.
-- Is it going how you expected?
---- "I think it's going well. People are saying it's a tougher area, which is good, that was the hope. Obviously it's not just mowing people down, that would be bad. I like that people are getting into the lore. My favorite mob is the Mythweaver. They throw knives, they hit you with Words."
--- They weren't supposed to go beyond their initial area, but now they do, and now they live there and exist there and good luck, they are Apex predators.
-- The Mythweavers and Marksmen don't wear armor.
---- No, you cannot pick up their weapons when they hurl them.
---- No fancy weapons for us.

- Is Tiodor's a Storytelling point?
-- It will be. Mwahahaha.

- You can knit tea cozies.
-- I don't know if they can be put on tea cups.
-- Rilulth wants a tea shoppe in game.
-- Kaiju wants coffee or death.

- Is there a connection between the mug on fire city and Valeria?
-- Yes. Tiodor says so.
-- Are all Liberi Viali?
---- Figure it out. Doo doo doo doo. Figure it out.
---- (No, but as a group, maybe.)
-- Do they view all Liberi as Liberi?
---- Has to be revealed IC.
-- This is a reminder that the Liberi do not want to be your friend.

- You've released your first open CVC zone; can you tell us anything about it?
-- How would PCs claim it beyond clearing it out?
---- "You'd have to clear it out first, then you'd have to go to your faction's command center or whatever and report that it's ready to be taken now and they'll start sending faction NPCs to try and take it over. The hope is that it will require stocking them up with food and gear and stuff so the crafters have stuff to do also, then once they're stocked they'll go take it over. Then depending on what gear they're supplied, it will potentially affect the mobs who show up."
-- Will there be warnings if someone starts to attack your claimed CVC zone or will it be ninja'd?
---- "There'll be an alert system. There might be options for stealth characters to go in and remove a communications based guy that would delay the alert without immediate response, but it's cool to have an alert system so people can participate."

- LORE BASIS: Cogg v. Clok
-- Was time shifted to make things different or is it just a bunch of little things you want to change because?
---- Do we have a Loki situation going on?
---- "It's not a result of time travel or anything like that. You'll have to go expore around and see what you can find."

- What sorts of Occultism do the Nuum partake in?
-- They're most focused on Arcana, Sorcery is also common. Rias doesn't know that they're into Druidry, some might be but it's not their thing.
---- "They view Druidry as appealing to other beings whereas they want to be the Gods. Thaumaturgy is even rarer than it would have been in Other Games, it's mostly the Viali. People do it in other places, but it's pretty rare. There could be a Nuum thaumaturge."

- Who is the Golden Lady?
-- Find out IC, Bonehead.

- Are there any examples in Lore if not in code of combinations of different Occultism?
-- "Yeah, there are at least stories/talks of things like Druidry and Sorcery being merged. Lots of people think the Dunwyr are trying to destroy civilization, they think humans are causing too much damage to the natural world, so they're viewed as them mixing Druidry and Sorcery to do what they do. Outside of that, there could be some ideas of mixing Arcana and Sorcery or Arcana and Druidry. Thaumaturgy doesn't combine well with anything."
---- Possible example: The darkness trap? Maybe not.

- Rias wants more traps.
-- Shock trap desired by Talyn.
-- Timer trap desired by Sneaky007.

- NUUM LORE: How do they view each other re: Arcana and Sorcery?
-- Rilulth's Understanding: Each to their own. If you're a Sorceror, you'll look down on Arcana and vice versa, and no one likes Druidry.
-- Rias' Answer: "They favor Arcana, they can figure it out and use it in a way to become more powerful than connecting to something else. They favor Arcana over anything else."
---- Would they as a nation view Arcana as more status-wise?
------ Yes.

- Adalmund has it all figured out.
-- Everyone loves him.
-- He's the same one.
-- Talk to more NPCs, guys. They're chatty.
---- Ferdinan is as old as Rias being in high school. He goes way back.

- Khan: Now that the population of the game is larger/more regular, is there anything you feel like you wish you'd done already in prep for it, or anything you feel you need to hurry in?
-- "I need to remove some thing from the skill list, like lapidary."
---- Are you definitely removing them or still just considering it?
---- "I don't see a reason to keep them in right now, it makes people want them and they don't exist. I'll probably roll brewing into cooking and lapidary can probably roll into masonry."

- Are there still any professions you need guinea pigs for lately?
-- "I think they're all pretty well messed with. Leatherworking was the one people didn't do for a long time but we have a couple people doing that pretty heavily now."
-- Leatherworking is a lot of fun, apparently.

- Is Rias still working on content?
-- "Yeah. It's fun to work on content."
---- Do Societies count as content?
---- "No, they need more mechanics. But I am excited about Societies."

- ARMOR: Are you considering numerous types within it, i.e. variation?
-- "I want to add some more, like cloth armor, chain armor and plate. Carapace/chitin for heavy as well."
---- "I don't want a million types, I especially want to try and say there's always going to be a reason to use one over another, might not be a great reason but a reason."
---- Kinda like using chain will benefit more against slashing vs. plate benefit against piercing?
---- "Even in their own categories. I want brigadine to do one thing and chain to do another."
-- When more types get added, do you think you'll reassess the protection from existing suits?
---- "Yeah, I think in particular, rigid ridgeleather armor is a bit too good."
---- Agreement was had here by players of heavy-armor wearing people.
-- Metal scale is not light leather, it's medium, kthnx.
-- Chainmail should require individual little chains that are individually cast.
---- "That's when items go into things like 'some chainlink' and not individual."
-- Chitin/Carapace would be heavy, they're more rigid and about taking blows and redistrubuting.
-- Wyrm scales are soft. Tougher animal scales (like drakolin) would be medium armor.
-- The other heavy armor option is wood, which would break quickly and not be practical.

- Are you intending bone/wood armor still?

-- "Yeah, it'd probably break really fast, so it'd be a conscious choice."
-- Will it be bone studded, like medium, and would wood be better for druidry?
---- "It could be used in all sorts of different ways."

- Talyn wants more scales.

- Are you still considering scrimshaw as a thing?
-- "A general carving of bone stuff, yeah."

- Fellborn is working on a new merchant. Be excited.
-- Do they have a katana, tho.
---- They will not.
---- Fellborn says they've quit more than they've been fired and will maintain that record.

- Will mythical creatures (like the wechuge) give different benefits later on, i.e. resistances or other things?
-- "If I can think of something that sounds cool and wouldn't be goofy, then absolutely."

- Rias, why can't you be a professional DM for a living?
-- "It'd be nice, if I could think of a way to make it viable."
-- Lots of talk about doing it.
---- "I feel like the reason I enjoy this is because it is a hobby and if it was a job, I'd get tired of it."

- What races/cultures in the game hunt whales? Do any?
-- "Whales have the unfortunate circumstance of being useful, so they're probably hunted by a lot of seafaring cultures. Giganti (Rullendbolg and others), the Faewyr, anyone who's on the ocean could make a lot of money for hunting whales."
---- Whalebone weapons plz.
------ But make whales super aggressive with big ol' snarly teeth.

- NEW MINE: Can it be expanded or will it remain the same?
-- "I want to spread them out instead of clumping them together. So there will be a coal mine out there."
---- Will there be diamonds and volcanic activity near the coal mine?
---- Watch out for the lava whales.

- WE STILL WANT CHESTWRAPS, THANK YOU PLEASE.

- SKINNING: When you do the skinning overhaul, will you allow us to skin despite not hitting certain thresholds for, say, the rarer mobs?
-- "Yes, I think I'll let people try despite having a low chance."
-- Would certain types require a different type of tool than a skinning knife? Like pliers for scales?
-- Khan: Will you release more Wyrm mobs if I reduce my skinning below 200?
-- Rias: Gonna make a lindwyrm that kills everyone.
---- RELEASE THE SKELETON LORE! CURSE YOU!

- Does Shadgard have an education system?
-- "I think there's a schoolhouse somewhere. It's just not specifically mentioned. It's not required, people can send their kids or themselves to school if they want. It's more like a trade school."

- The Undying still may eventually die (lorewise).
-- Do you have the reason why people become undying?
---- "Yes."
---- Is it possible for mortals to learn this magic?
------ "It's not science. When it comes to Undying, it's not like someone figured out how to become Undying. It's more like hey, I died, and yet I'm alive again, what's going on."
---- But you have the lore reason and someone in-game could, with enough research, determine the reason?
------ "Sure. Maybe not with enough research. I'm not saying no one can find clues and come up to theories, but no one will ever find out oh, you've found the secrets to being undying. It's a cosmic theory. It's like the Immortals; will you discover what they are, if they're real, etc., it's not meant to be something that people know factually."

- View on non-heterosexual pairings in cultures?
-- Most cultures don't care, do your own thing. Viali are about bloodline and offspring, though, because of that you have to have kids to continue the bloodline. They're very stuffy, it also depends on where you are in Ivial. The Tol Rhun is also very strong about the bloodline, so it would have an affect.
---- Who are the most homophobic and the least homophobic?
------ There is no scale, but Rilulth thinks the Tol Rhun are the most homophobic.
------ She also pictures the Malfoys being the Tol Rhun. You're gonna marry your cousin and have babies and like it. Purebloods 4 lyfe. This is her entire head cannon. Prejudice, homophobic peoples. If you're not pure, you're scum. Rias probably hates her for tainting the Tol Rhun, but he agreed, so who knows. He hasn't thought of it.

- Do you have a particular project you're working on?
-- "NotShadgard. Faction stuff and NotShadgard."

- Wyrvarden 2.0 is gonna be awesome.

- Please do not ERP in public places. vNPCs are everywhere. Shadgard is full of people. Thanks.
:verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident: