Some metalworking questions

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
adili

Some metalworking questions

Post by adili »

My metalworking skill is at 200 now. I haven't been able to make knife blade and scythe head. I've only tried using copper blooms (small and large). I think I've seen copper knife and copper scythe in the market, so they should be craftable?

Another question is: what's the propper way to making blooms? I tried a batch of five powders with one charcoal, and another batch of fourteen powders with three charcoals. I hammered out all impurities from small blooms, then put them in the furnace to combine them. The resulting large bloom had to be hammered a few times to get rid of impurities again. But if I combine small blooms without making each of them pure first, the resulting bloom is too impure to be made pure.
Last edited by adili on Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Navi

Re: Some metalworking questions

Post by Navi »

I think that should be enough skill to make blades. You'll need the ability first though. Not sure if it's too IC, but it's found in the blacksmith's workshop.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
nobody

Post by nobody »

The copper varieties may be the ones sold from Shadgard's shops (all of which are copper) or crafted using metalcast components (one cannot forge a copper shortsword blade, but one can forge an iron shortsword blade, make a clay mold from that, and then metalcast copper into a shortsword blade using the mold and molten copper).
adili

Post by adili »

Thanks for all the tips!

And I noticed someone said to add more flux to rid of those pesky impurities. I will try that :)