New wiki pages (Skill Caps and caps by skill)

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
nobody

New wiki pages (Skill Caps and caps by skill)

Post by nobody »

We have two new wiki pages to help with planning characters and skills. The Skill Caps page generously created by Kaiju utilizing wiki tables and a less table heavy (hopefully) more screen reader and help file friendly version caps by skill. Enjoy these semi-redundant sources of information for all your planning needs!
nobody

Re: New wiki pages (Skill Caps and caps by skill)

Post by nobody »

And just for good measure, I've now added a caps by class page with a non-table version of the skill caps organized by class rather than by skill.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Would it be possible for you, Rias, to hardcode "help skill caps" in the game to show the "caps by skill" as the other file doesn't parse in the mud. That way, people don't try it from their game browser and just get a random dump of code. We can then include info on that page and a wiki link, if they want to see the table version?
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Thanks for setting those up, both of you. As requested, typing HELP SKILL CAPS in-game will pull the "Caps by Skill" article, without all the fiddly table formatting that doesn't look right in-game. Good thinking.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Thanks Rias.

Will be editing to highlight skills that are above cap, and cleaning things up so it's easily read. Maybe add more comments to silks with little current functionality.

One thing I did notice is Adventurers seem to have a cap of 500 riding in comparison to 400 for everyone else. Think this might be a leftover from before you base lined riding?
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."