Voicechat notes 4 Jun 2021

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
nobody

Voicechat notes 4 Jun 2021

Post by nobody »

Notes from today's voice chat:
I missed the first part, so please feel free to mention any topics I missed

- new combat area - mobs in place all the sub areas, top rolls are around 380
- Not-Shadgard - won't really by morally compatible with Shadgard, probably will do OOC tour to show it off when it's done,
- logging emotes - good idea to have a gm-logged emote equivalent of `think` (like think, it shouldn't be over-used)
- thought log - good idea to make `think` query-able (by GMs on characters, by characters on themselves)
- Arcanists - probably going to convert shaol to disk, still like the idea of memorized effects without drawing
- Enchanting - lots of ideas (use gems, team enchanting, etc), warlock talisman enhancement, etc
- Nightblades - do they have their fingers in too many pies? Probably not, since they have to choose how to spend skill points like everyone else (I'm lookin at you rangers), but if you feel that way please provide that feedback.
- Quick channel abilities - those will be a thing eventually
- Dropping a single channel - it cannot be done currently
- Sweltering/hot weather negatives? There are thoughts but no solid plans currently

Also always, please please comment if there is something else in the conversation that should have light shed upon it that I've merely forgotten.
Rias
DEV

Re: Voicechat notes 4 Jun 2021

Post by Rias »

Clarification on the new combat area mobs: Their offense skill range is 340/360/380 (all in different sub-areas), but their rolls are 440/460/480. They're above wechuge in combat challenge.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Post by Navi »

We discussed an ability or general command to distract NPCs, putting them into roundtime if successful while also raising the risk for the user, to make the next stealth action less detrimental if it goes poorly.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
nobody

Post by nobody »

Thanks for the clarification and the addition