Wiki stuff

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Grichenko

Wiki stuff

Post by Grichenko »

Seeing some new faces was a good prompt for me to dust off my Wiki login, so here's a couple things that are updated:
  • Shadgard - Expanded the description of the town, Facilities. Added Nearby points of interest;
  • Travel - Expanded to include a command example, added references to road signs, nutrition, travel food, and where to obtain travel food.

And here are a few new pages:

(I briefly had wikitables featuring each respective store's inventory, but it turns out wiki markup doesn't translate well in the MUD. So I removed them and I'm considering putting up an external link to store inventories later.)
  • General Store - Added a page for Shadgard's General Store;
  • Tailor shop - Added a page for Shadgard's tailor shop;
  • Cobbler's store - Added a page for Shadgard's cobbler's store;
  • Bakery - Added a page for Shadgard's bakery;
  • Timberpine sawmill - Added a page for the Timberpine sawmill;
  • Public skill training facilities - Added a page for public skill training facilities;
  • Wilderness - Added a page for the wilderness. This includes both a "barebones" Wilderness Map for folks to have something to work from, and a "descriptive" map that should help folks figure out the wilderness a bit better (and hopefully lead to stumbling across fewer corpses out there);
  • Tips - Added a page for tips. I consolidated everything posted in the "Tips and advice for newer players" thread on the BBS, and dug into the Discord as well.
I plan to keep filling out the Shadgard pages this week, but if anyone has suggestions for things to work on I'm all ears.
nobody

Re: Wiki stuff

Post by nobody »

I expanded the public skill training page to include all the places I know about, and added a statement about skills that are not presently available for public training. I did not include trading or music in the latter list as they are not currently implemented in any form (Dancing is included because it is used with the Graceful Dodge ability).