Voice chat notes May 7 2021

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
nobody

Voice chat notes May 7 2021

Post by nobody »

I missed much of the early part of the call, but here are the things I'm able to recall from today's chat:
  • Discussion of various rogue stuff (ask Eugor if you want more details, I was out)
  • Discussion around the societies and the society/guild split
    • With the agenda removed from guilds, they are more versatile for the kinds of stories anyone might wish to tell with their character having a certain skill set/training.
    • Societies hold those agendas and will help to provide motivations that make the world more alive.
    • Current leaning is some societies will be openly visible and joining is as easy as going to their headquarters and asking to join. Some others will be more secretive and may be harder to join.
  • Lore is a vital part of COGG, and while not all will be revealed to players/characters, lore questions and speculation are always appreciated.
  • Rias shared some of the development history of the project before COGG, and why it was scraped in favor of COGG, as part of conversation about the direction of combat.
    • Currently most of the combat abilities are limited to warriors, but because the lost lands are dangerous the current leaning is to have more general and also non-warrior abilities added.
    • The goal isn't to make everyone a combatant, but to have interesting combat options for more than just warriors.
    • The goal also isn't to diminish warriors and their combat specialization - they should still be head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to combat.
    • Feedback or concerns in regards to that were sought out.
Please chime in if I've missed anything or am off on any of my statements.