Primary Attributes

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Arphaxad

Primary Attributes

Post by Arphaxad »

Noticed a great update to the constitution primary attribute. Are we close to publishing the details/updates to the other primary attributes?

Enjoying seeing all the work being done,

Arphaxad
Rias
DEV

Re: Primary Attributes

Post by Rias »

Some of them still have very little implemented, but I should probably go ahead and post them anyway.

Here's the Willpower one: https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Willpower (as with all wiki articles, can also be viewed by typing HELP <subject> in-game)
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

Looks good! I think we all understand that COGG is still in development and things will be adjusted and fine tuned moving forward.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Arphaxad
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Here are some of the fun benefits of Strength: https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Strength
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Candelori

Post by Candelori »

This is excellent information to have. Thank you.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

These are great! I hope we get to see Agility soon.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Just checking to see if there have been any updates on Agility, Intuition, or Awareness yet? Do they have any concrete bonuses (besides ability related bonuses) that have been implemented?
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Intuition is one that's more widely-applicable but to a lesser degree, with bonuses playing into quite a lot of abilities and skill rolls.

Awareness mostly plays into granting a percentage bonus to Perception checks.

Agility mostly plays into various attack/combat maneuver rolls and acrobatics checks.

All three are a bit lacking and could use a little oomph beyond just affecting various rolls, so I'm happy to hear ideas and suggestions.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

So the benefits of the other 3 extend outside of straight skill rolls and give some things that you just can't achieve by increasing skill (lower encumbrance, resistance to effects, increased damage, more health and energy, etc which are huge). I entirely agree that the other 3 need more:

A few ideas:

Awareness: This is a bit of a tough one...
The only things I can think of are increased perception cap (maybe 50) if max is under 600 and chance to notice things upon entering a room but don't think either of these would be desirable to adventurers who already have this.

Maybe a special message when there's something hidden in the room? "You sense something off"

Agility:
Adds an extra attack or defense reroll.
Decrease in unmounted travel time
Reduced impact of armor encumbrance failures on rolls?
Increased damage with lighter to medium weapons?
Chance for a quick followup attack?
Small decrease in rt for performing some actions (combat or crafting)

Intuition:
10%-20% chance to gain an extra reroll on any action that uses them (combat or crafting)
Ability to maintain channels for longer
1 or 2 second reduction in cooldown times for some abilities?
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Please excuse the thread necromancy, but I thought an an additional bonus for Awareness. Since the attribute says it's capable of sensing what can't be seen or heard, it'd be kind of cool if this let people with the Awareness stat have (based on their perception) a chance to pick up on supernatural effects that are normally unseen/invisible to others.

We have Nether Wells, Primal Confluences, and Druids can also pick up on areas that have had Growth cast in them, so it'd be neat if folks with Awareness got a little "spidey sense" type thing when they feel such a thing in the room. I don't think Awareness should flat out inform a PC "There is a Nether Well" here, but it should instead be some kind of neat, flavorful messaging. "You feel a cold, electric tingle running up your spine", or "You feel like there's something unseen to the naked eye" (or you could base it on what the source of the supernatural occurrence is).

I feel like this would be especially nice for the non-occult explorers we have, who might want to be able to discover Cool Occult Secrets, even if they don't know exactly what the secret is (and therefore need to call in an expert).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."