Body management post-mortem

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Dennis

Body management post-mortem

Post by Dennis »

Corpse management after factions has been a hot topic of discussion today.

Re: corpse dragging, I am wondering how this will be handled once there are two towns (meaning shadgard corpse dragged to notshadgard with best intentions). The more I think about this... the more I think it would be better to address corpse management. A few suggestions were discussed between the players.

1. just eventually lock corpses in place.

2. corpses from opposite factions be turned away at the gate of opposite factions, but the corpse being turned away at the gate may lead to the situation of someone leaving that corpse at the gate of a hostile town or dragged back and left just about anywhere. We could add identification to corpses showing town affiliation post-mortem like medical bracelets irl for medical conditions so corpses can be brought to the right places.

3. Autocrypting corpses after a period of time, sending it to either Shadgard, notshadgard, or a random neutral zone for people unwanted in both like the previous barrows hill, or we could be paying twilight eye to retrieve your corpse for you at the twilight eye office, so the former can happen, but is a riln sink.

4. Corpses being moved to a courtesy zone of whatever area they're in just the entrance of whatever area they were in so they're not in the throes of some dangerous subarea. E.G. a corpse room is added to areas so people know where to go to find them in the event of death. That would also remove any need for the corpse to be dragable, so it could be locked in place there. Would also be somewhat convenient for anyone that kills via CvC since the corpse will move for them. No worries getting their own hands dirty (save perhaps trying to cover up some details), they just wait till someone moves it for them. (My remark to this: This just sounds like autocrypting with extra steps!)

We also discussed that this would likely address concerns recently brought around regarding moving player bodies to other locations other than the crypts.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."