Maps

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
nobody

Maps

Post by nobody »

Didn't get to it in discussion as such, but I'd like to make a descriptive map once all the areas are properly named.

For example:
The bottom center of the map is the Shadgard Forest, with a rough road that travels north out of Shadgard and forks northwest and northeast after a few leagues. The northwest end of the fork terminates with a picture of a raven and a gravestone labeled Ravenwood, the northeast branch passes a labeled sawmill and an old farmstead area with its eastern border the River Dwaed. North of the Shadgard Forest are the Bluevalley Plains, which span several leagues of sparsely forested scrubland, with the denser Kildr Forest to the west and Terueka beyond to the north...

It'd be useful to be able to study different parts of it (study map <area name> to get just the blurb for that area and a note on the names of adjacent areas).

Edit to add: Also forgive me the liberty of my terrible name choices for the various described features. Those aren't the real names, and it's not my area of expertise.
nobody

Re: Maps

Post by nobody »

I just realized that this would be a better book than a single page with special coding. Then it'd just need a table of contents page and whenever the page journal # gets implemented it'll work perfectly without any special treatment.