Tips and advice for newer players [serious only]

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Marcuson

Re: Tips and advice for newer players [serious only]

Post by Marcuson »

You can use the 'ask' command to speak with NPCs. For example: 'ask man about name'

Most NPCs will respond to 'name', 'job', and 'chat'. They may also provide more information about topics they bring up.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

When giving one of your items to other characters, you can target the specific item with this command: 'give item to target'

It even works with items in your containers. You no longer have to hold the item in your right hand. I thought I'd mention this, since some players are used to how the 'give' command worked in the old game.
Staz

Post by Staz »

Some skills, like Woodworking, can be used even when you're sitting down. This greatly reduces your energy loss!
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Not EVERY craft has a helpfile/wikipage listing all of the items you can make, but we do have the following useful wikipages and helpfiles for the New Crafter in the Lost Lands! - FORGED ITEMS, WOODWORKED ITEMS, TAILORED ITEMS, KNITTED ITEMS, STONEWORKED ITEMS, KNAPPED ITEMS, LEATHERWORKED ITEMS, POTTERY ITEMS, and METALCAST ITEMS
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Curious about what area of the world you're in? While out in the wilderness, just type the command AREA to find out. For example:
area
You are in the Kveldsongr Woods area.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

The "tell" command can be used to send out-of-character messages to other players. You may target their user name or their character name. It even works based character traits. For example:

Code: Select all

tell pallid One moment, please! I'm new to this game and still figuring out commands!

The "reply" command will automatically target out-of-character messages to the last player who sent you a tell.
Tenoji

Post by Tenoji »

If you invest into crafting have the appropriate skill(s) you can repair items yourself. This includes broken items. So you don't have to grind something down to broken status and then throw it in the trash and make a new one :D