Voicechat notes 26 Feb 2021

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
nobody

Voicechat notes 26 Feb 2021

Post by nobody »

Conversation from this week's voice chat included:
  • Factions! After listening to everyone's feedback Rias is leaning back toward the two town/two faction system (Shadgard/Notshadgard) with the closed beta approach (RP to enter Notshadgard). I suspect Rias will make his own post on the topic in the relevant thread, but as best I remember the primary driver is that it feels too disingenuous to have two factions that hate each other (to kill-on-sight levels for some but certainly not all members) making due by living in the same place, especially when one of the issues of division is whether or not contagious inflicted individuals should be allowed in town at all. Porto will be around for events (possibly open for various parts of the year, possibly open as a place where people can be sent to do shady tasks, maybe).
  • Risk scaling - risk from being searched for will be based on the ratio of stealth (for the hider) and perception (for the searcher) skill.
  • Quivering bowstrings - They're not decaying/spoiling like they're supposed to, possibly (my own personal speculation) because they are strung on bows/crossbows.
  • Improvised weaponry - There's a strong push from a minority of the player base to make forks improvised weapons that can armor chink. Also spoons, but those are lower priority.
  • I asked about Arcanist stuff, feel free to ask but I'm sure Nobody cares.
  • Off topic conversations included: COVID and crochet, not at the same time.
  • And semi-on-topic conversations included: quivering melee weapons, buttered armor, stabbing with forks, bludgeoning with butter, and adding rotting fruit (and other pies) to pelt criminals with when they're in the stocks.
Last edited by nobody on Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Acarin

Re: Voicechat notes 26 Feb 2021

Post by Acarin »

quivering melee weapons, risk scaling, math, and improvised butter and pie attacks were also discussed.
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
nobody

Re: Voicechat notes 26 Feb 2021

Post by nobody »

Thank you, the post has been edited to reflect this.