The Coming Conflict (Factions)

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

Re: The Coming Conflict (Factions)

Post by Rias »

Thanks to everyone for their support and feedback on all this. After digesting all the feedback and taking more time to mull things over, I've decided to stick with the two-towns Shadgard/Notshadgard split. Shadgard will remain the default starting location. Notshadgard will be introduced organically and membership will start out invite-only, as a sort of closed beta approach to allow for a gradual introduction both on the IC side and the OOC side so we can sort of grow into it, get a feel for how it works out, and make tweaks as the early members give their feedback on their experience with the second faction. I intend to sort of play it by ear as far as seeing when we feel like we get to a point where Notshadgard can be an open starting option.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

This is genuinely a relief to me. I've been intending to post my concerns, but I'll just say this feels like a step forward in comparison to the other proposal which felt like a step back at worst, or a side step at best.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

- Presently the best items on the market tend to not stick around for very long, in part because they're not being mass produced (I believe that is desirable). For example, one cannot simply buy a crossbow. How will items like that, which rarely touch the markets factor into smuggling?
Probably not much difference from how it is now? The smuggling system should ensure goods will remain available to both sides despite the faction split. Hmmm, we might need some way to communicate requests cross-faction, though.
Since people can sidle up to either side's wall/gate, why not just a simple board by the gate guards where people can post requests to the other side?
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
nobody

Post by nobody »

You posted the following on the board:

Jaster smells like a goat!

(You may unpost your post at any time.)
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

Can we get a status on this? As someone who has never liked Shadgard that much, no offense, I'm excited to see what the alternative will be like!