Durability overhaul

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

Durability overhaul

Post by Rias »

As seen in recent changelogs, there's been a small durability overhaul (which fixed a couple bugs as a happy side effect):

- General: Item durability adjustments will now consider an item material's durability rating when reducing durability through wear and tear, rather than an item's material affecting its maximum durability.
- Crafting: Fixed a bug that was causing immediate durability loss when attaching two items of significantly-differing materials together (i.e. wooden hafts and metal heads).
- General: Item durability shown when examining an item now includes the percentage of remaining durability.
- Crafting: The following processes now cause wear and tear on associated tools: hammering (pitons, metalworking), metal repairs, crushing stone into powder, building (construction), felling trees, chopping wood, weeding, carving (stone and wood), digging, leatherworking, cleaning pelts, cutting pattern-traced cloth/leather
- General: The following items now have higher durability: chisel, saw, piton, small hand drill, awl, needle, scissors, all armor pieces/types

I'm going to need some feedback as you all get a feel for degrade rates. Let me know whether any seem too fast or too slow.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Durability overhaul

Post by Rias »

Additional info regarding degrade rate feedback: keep in mind the standard metals have different durability ratings. I may post actual numbers at some point, but for time being I'm feeling secretive, so for now:

Copper: Flimsy
Iron: A bit better but not great
Bronze: Quite good
Steel: Excellent

So for the people using the off-the-shelf store-bought copper stuff, you may want to consider upgrading your tools if you think your stuff is degrading way too fast. Search the market, and for anything you can't find in better metals, post requests at the market post board and give our metalworker PCs something to work on for the community!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO