Acrobatics?

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

Re: Acrobatics?

Post by Rias »

Agelity wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:46 pm having tumble/flip opened up to the general public I think is a great idea, though I think I'd still prefer there being a more combat appropriate version that certain warriors/adventurers can take (combat acrobatics & advanced combat acrobatics....... or something actually creatively named). Acrobatics for style and fun, acrobatics for combat and survival.
Right, that's what I meant. Open up RP versions of tumbling and flipping to anyone with enough Acrobatics skill, while keeping the Tumble and Flip abilities as abilities that apply it specifically to combat. Might need to rename them slightly to Combat Tumble and Combat Flip, or something.

Some very good ideas in this thread. Can't wait to apply them.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

For those who may have missed the in-game announcements:

- Results of the TUMBLE command are now based on Acrobatics skill, the Agility primary attribute, weight encumbrance, armor encumbrance, knowledge of the Tumble combat ability, whether the character is in negative Balance, and whether the tumble was initiated from a standing, sitting, or lying down position.
- Using the TUMBLE command now gives a small amount of Acrobatics practice, with diminishing returns that reset over time.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

And now: Jumping down long falls and diving from land into deep water now gives a small amount of Acrobatics practice, with diminishing returns that reset over time.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO