July 8th Voice Chat Notes

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Teri

July 8th Voice Chat Notes

Post by Teri »

Voice chat notes in the latest post.
Last edited by Teri on Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Frisbee

Re: Voicechat: Saturday July 8th 2pm MST (Post questions here)

Post by Frisbee »

I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere! i have done very little research.

For those of us who play characters who struggle with Common, it would be comforting to know that the Library of Qamar had books in other languages, which they might study. All the shelve books ones are in Common, judging by their titles, but I'm curious if there are any additional ones that are not.

Thank you.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Teri

Post by Teri »

What happens to souls devoured by the various immortals that eat them? (Aranas, and Undm's Toteo splinter)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
artus

Post by artus »

Following a concern I voiced on one of the suggestion topics, is there any consideration on lowering the number of wood spawned from trees? It gets insane how it is now and may as well contribute to item flooding and server crash. We have too many logs and branches to work on and at least 1/3 of them or even half get janitored because people can't stay til the end for it, +storage issues and everything else.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I noticed that Cleaving Blow, unlike staggering blow, specifies that 100% of the Melee skill goes towards the defense and offense rolls for the ability - is this outdated information, or does this mean that Cleaving Blow doesn't take Dodge or Shield Use into account?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

Should sorcerers be able to channel while holding a chunk of iron-bearing ore? (I actually don't know if they can or not.)
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

I don't want to get too technical, but recently in voice chat, we were discussing the gas pipelines in Shadgard. Those gas lines are the fuel for the streetlamps and the oven at the Hearth and Home. Is Shadgard using natural gas for that? How do most people in Shadgard feel about gas?
Teri

Voice Chat Notes

Post by Teri »

Q: For those of us who play characters who struggle with Common, it would be comforting to know that the Library of Qamar had books in other languages, which they might study. All the shelve books ones are in Common, judging by their titles, but I'm curious if there are any additional ones that are not.
A: The tasks are in common, so they are do able to be done by everyone, all sorts of languages

Q: What happens to souls devoured by the various immortals that eat them? (Aranas, and Undm's Toteo splinter)
A: Generally assumed they are gone and destroyed. Aranas night sky being Aranas web to be eaten later. The night sky could be purgatory (My takeaway from it)

Q: Following a concern I voiced on one of the suggestion topics, is there any consideration on lowering the number of wood spawned from trees? It gets insane how it is now and may as well contribute to item flooding and server crash. We have too many logs and branches to work on and at least 1/3 of them or even half get janitored because people can't stay til the end for it, +storage issues and everything else.
A: It has been considered a while.

Q: I noticed that Cleaving Blow, unlike staggering blow, specifies that 100% of the Melee skill goes towards the defense and offense rolls for the ability - is this outdated information, or does this mean that Cleaving Blow doesn't take Dodge or Shield Use into account?
A: That is old stuff needs to be updated, and doesn't apply, and will be removed to decrease confusion.

Q: Should sorcerers be able to channel while holding a chunk of iron-bearing ore? (I actually don't know if they can or not.)
A: Not really sure, a bit odd
Things that stop nether from being generated is proximity (don't ask Rias parts per million)
Alchemical damage does harm the weapon. For mechanical purposes we require material below a certain point, but a sword would need repaired.
iron and ferrous weapons do have more protection against nether.

Q: I don't want to get too technical, but recently in voice chat, we were discussing the gas pipelines in Shadgard. Those gas lines are the fuel for the streetlamps and the oven at the Hearth and Home. Is Shadgard using natural gas for that? How do most people in Shadgard feel about gas?
A: It is natural gas and that is why the gas water tunnel is called the gaswater tunnel
They think it is a nifty new thing that will help survive in this place and aren't leery.

Bardic words are occult and could be bundled in with arcana.
How does Shadgard feel about arcana and mesmerizing?
They are going to be naturally kind of leery of Druidry, arcana and bardic words. Same for glowing in town, growing claws so the townsfolk might be pretty leery of.
Bardic words are very specific word and intonations, can't be mumbled under breath and is very identifiable as a specific bardic word. A bard using words for a wonderful story, totally fine. Using it for horror stories, probably no okay. Sort of applies to bards using words on others, especially from hiding in town, or word of confidence without permission.
Town is probably not a fan of the floating bags either. They float closely to people, and dodge any from grabbing the bag. It is affected by air flow.
They distrust occult, but they aren't going to witch hunt sorcery. They don't trust it, don't get it, we don't understand. Natually the majority of people don't know what certain effects will have. They aren't going to take people down. It is a deliberate prejudice of the lore.
tldr: Expect to get side eyed doing arcana, druidic stuff, and bardic words where there are crowds. Do it where there aren't.

Q: in lore areas of the world where glyphs don't work, are there areas word bardic words don't work. (Lexx's word was explode in that area)
A: Yes.