Voicechat Notes: Saturday 7th May 2022

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Delphine

Re: Voicechat: Saturday 30th April

Post by Delphine »

Gorth wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:50 am Can you outline the plans behind and the reasonings for, what the policies for characters in different factions will be? Will we just be barred from having two characters in seperate factions?
If you take a look at that "The Upcoming Conflict" thread here on the forums, Rias addresses this a bit. Here's a snippet from the first post in that thread:
- I really don't want to allow people having active characters in both factions at the same time. I feel like this would really water down the experience and enable various meta problems, like making a character in the opposing faction just to spy or sabotage from within or whatever.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Maina

Re: Voicechat: Saturday 30th April

Post by Maina »

I know they aren't a guild, but are Mummers still a thing in the setting? What are they like, if so?
Marcuson

Re: Voicechat: Saturday 7th May (tbc)

Post by Marcuson »

After Mistral Lake is released, will new players get an option to join the town at account creation, or will they have to earn their way into the town?

For players with older accounts who are considering joining Mistral Lake, will they have to retire their older shelved characters? What might the transition look like for them?

How will account locking work?
Maina

Post by Maina »

What, specifically, determines whether a disguise counts as a new identity for other people to remember? When I asked on #question, it was said that as much as a different colored cloak should do it, but I tried two different masks and they had the same identity. Are there plans for future expansion of the disguise command, perhaps making it skill-based?

The help file for Steal indicates that it benefits from Stealth. Since you can steal while unhidden, what benefits do Stealth provide? I can't work out a specific roll bonus.
Navi

Post by Navi »

This came up in a voice chat recently. Currently, it is possible to use the paranoia affects that stricken hostile NPCs when you make noise from hiding to disrupt their movement patterns. If you whistle while hidden, Any hostile NPC will begin searching, and its movement becomes slower. I wanted to know if this would be considered an exploit or just utilizing established mechanics strategically. There was also talk about adding roundtime to the action, even if it is for just a second.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Lexx416

Re: Voicechat Notes: Saturday 7th May 2022

Post by Lexx416 »

Appreciate the notetaking Tulpa - thank you!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."