Voice Chat Questions Saturday April 2nd/14:00 MST/Two Bells Post Zenith

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Teri

Voice Chat Questions Saturday April 2nd/14:00 MST/Two Bells Post Zenith

Post by Teri »

Below are current questions in discord, add any questions you have.

Q: I believe, before, it was mentioned that the mail alert is IC and related to the ESP network, yes? If so, should you receive the mail notification when not wearing a pendant? Presently you do, but I'm not sure if it is a different sort of magic.

Q: Maina: Is there any kind of interaction between different sorts of magical effects with different sources? This is probably vague, so a specific example: what happens ICly when you use distyr with shadow cloak active? I know code-wise they both just work, but like... does the glow appear outside the nether? Do they interfere with each other at all?

Q: What potential plans for banks in Stormholdt And Emberlight?

Q: What sorts of recreational activities do you envision folks in the Lost Lands mostly pursuing? What about Arad, as a larger whole? Do they place chess, checkers? Any particular kinds of card games that are preferred? etc.

Q: What do you think about message boards in outposts, as well as Shadgard and Mistveil?
Q: Re: Viali-Nuumic conflict on their shared border. You gave some details about the conflict itself, but mentioned it was recent. How recent specifically? Is a gentle escalation over the last five or six years an acceptable estimate?
Q: Re: Corodeangelo. What’s so distinct about their local culture that makes the rest of Ivial think they’re “barbaric”? Is there anything specific about their personalities that evokes this impression? Or is it more a result of their attempt at a rebellion from the crown in their history that people don’t like? I’ve always pictured them as equally dramatic and stuffed up in their own way, but in a more direct way than there fellow Viali. Is this an accurate interpretation?
Q: There are several immortals who have some kind of servant: naeads, sincubi, aengels, etc. Forgive my spelling. Are these beings mythical or something encountered or (I suspect) something people claim to have encountered but without any real solid evidence, much like most Immortals themselves? Are they physical or incorporeal? If they are actually encountered, have they confirmed their relation to the Immortals (perhaps lying for their own benefit) or is this just assumptions made by humans? Like is there some nest of fish-people somewhere just chillin' like wyrms or bears do and people were like 'Yeah, those clearly work for Nereia'?
Q: Re: Viali spirituality. Do they have any of their own specific interpretations of Vodr, Verungr, or the sea/river sister goddesses? Just curious, considering they have so many unique interpretations on other powers. Have they or the Fasa adopted any spiritual beliefs from one another since the welcomer’s treaty?
Q: Re: Ivial’s ecology. Any kind of super awesome spooky mythical creatures that specifically live within Ivial’s borders?
Q: RE: Landmarks of the world. Feel free to pass on this one, but I’ve always thought about it. Where is the worlds tallest mountain? What’s its name? The largest river? Are there any large man-made structures similar to the quarantine wall (in notoriety) that might be considered a, “wonder of the world” for lack of a better term?
Q: Has Owleyes or her Sisterhood invented ice cream, yet? If not, what is even the point of ice magic and immortality?

Q: I was contemplating Lapis: The Last Vestige of Aetgard while shelving, and wanted to ask: what are the arcana practices currently like in Lapis?

Q: Most immortals have symbols attached to them, such as Iarel's serpant wrapped staff. Does Nereia have one or more of these? Any particular things that could easily identify you as a Nereia worshipper?
Q: Nereia is the patron goddess of sailors. As such, one can imagine sailors pray to her on the sea. However, the worship or service section of her helpful mentions seashells and throwing fish back, but these acts can't be done on a ship. What are some other well known practices for the goddess other than what is mentioned?
Q: Do Nereia worshippers have any particular views of the other gods, there followers? Similarly, are Nereia worshippers seen any particular way by worshippers of other gods?
Q: Are there any particular traits Nereia worshippers are expected to uphold, as known by the commonfolk?
Q: Does Nereia get mad if you eat fish? Or is it good to eat them? Would people hold feasts for Nereia in particular and if so what kind of food might they serve?
Q: As the moon is connected to the tides, would Nereia have any connection to the moon, or is that too abstract a connection? (edited)
Q: Is there any particular kind of singing/music Nereia/Nereia worshippers are known for?

Q: Is Verungnr considered a dark god? From the way it's described on the help file, Verungnr looks like some sort of god of justice, albeit with a darker bend. However, I did read somewhere on this discord that Verungnr might be one of the gods featured on the harbinger pantheon. If so, how do they fit into that system? Iirc they only really punished the most evil of people, and that seems like something that would come into conflict with a god like Aranas. I guess most of my confusion comes from the fact most fantasy works portray justice gods or those who punish sinners as on the good side.
Q: This is kind of a weird question that's hard to phrase exactly how I want to: In what ways were early Druidic rituals/powers/etc. different from "modern" (by IC standards) Druidry? Did Druids always use tattoos, or were there ways of interacting and channeling primal forces that predate the tattoo focuses (like a kind of proto-Druidry)?
Q: Do any of the other cultures on Arad aside from the Huecatn have an analogue to Temicotli, the Way of Dreams or is that unique to them? Or tales of other worlds, astral passageways, etc., that you could share with us?
Q: Has Reykvargr/The Smoke Wolf always been called such, or is that an epithet that was applied to them after "The great spirit was overcome with anger and madness"? Is there a different/other Great Wolf Spirit?
Q: What's the name of the world, like the planet, I know the continent is Arad or one of them is at least. Is it simply just Gaea or do none druids have a name for it also? Stolen question from someone!
Q: What are cultures as a whole's interpretations of Nereia? Do methods of worship vary between culture?
Q: What are your thoughts on people saying aura colors out loud? Particularly things you wouldn't ordinarily know the name to in real life, I.E. Spidersilk-white, Nacreus, etc? Is that just one of those things you hand wave for convenience or is there a way in which you wish people referred to such things?
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Onasaki

Re: Voice Chat Questions Saturday April 2nd/14:00 MST/Two Bells Post Zenith

Post by Onasaki »

Q: Most immortals have symbols attached to them, such as Iarel's serpant wrapped staff. Does Nereia have one or more of these? Any particular things that could easily identify you as a Nereia worshipper?
I'd like to tack onto this question: Which immortals have symbols attached to them, can we get a list? (Or added to the helpfile.)
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Teri

Re: Voice Chat Questions Saturday April 2nd/14:00 MST/Two Bells Post Zenith

Post by Teri »

Onasaki wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:58 pm
I'd like to tack onto this question: Which immortals have symbols attached to them, can we get a list? (Or added to the helpfile.)
That was asked, and it is a work in progress
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time