Intended/Unimplemented/Implemented features

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Teri

Intended/Unimplemented/Implemented features

Post by Teri »

I've been contemplating this in voicechat, but figured I'd write a post instead. I'm curious as far as some skill descriptions in help files which have things implemented already, and which are intended. Sometimes as far as skills or other features I'm not sure if a bug report is appropriate when I'm not sure how it is supposed to be or not. It may be useful for the helpfiles to have an implemented/intended section to decrease confusion/questions. Plant is obviously one that comes up a lot. These are skills I'm familiar with below, so there are likely other topics people may chime in over.

Mining: Current features that aren't implemented.
Those with skill in Mining or Metalworking can see traces of ore in chunks of stone that
untrained eyes cannot see. What is obviously ore-containing sandstone to you may look like any other
ordinary chunk of sandstone to a layman.
Some rarer types of stone or gems may require higher Mining skill to identify, or to extract
without damaging them beyond usefulness.

Weaving:
An example from weaving that came up in voicechat, although with acknowledgment we discussed the changes to spinning in general was greatly sped up for everyone weaving. The current time is far less than previous (6 minutes vs 20 or so per sheep wool to spin) so if it isn't a thing I'm not fussed beyond the confusion. With 400 weaving I can't really say I notice any particular difference with it (it takes me 5.9575 minutes for 80 yarn, if someone wants to get that info with a different skill level)
When it comes to spinning thread from wool, a character with skill over 200 has a chance (increasing with greater skill) per repetition to experience reduced roundtime.

Tracking: I can't recall if the decreased round time was a thing when I had 300 tracking, although certainly determining more tracks was right, and I can't speak to dragged as a track. As far as increased chances to find animals, I really couldn't tell the difference between 100 tracking and 300, so it ends up being a blurred area where I'm not sure if it was just some rng that time, or the skill helping, so a dunno shrug at that.
Increased Tracking skill imparts the following bonuses:
Less roundtime
Ability to see older tracks
Greater chance to identify details about specific tracks (light shod vs heavy shod footprints,
animal types, if something was being dragged etc.)
Less penalty to identifying specific tracks in heavily-trafficked areas
Increased chances to find animals when hunting
Ability to find some unique types of creatures when hunting
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time