Updated "CLOK" section of the FAQ (and preservation desires)

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

Updated "CLOK" section of the FAQ (and preservation desires)

Post by Rias »

To quote one new FAQ entry:
Q: What about various other CLOK factions/areas that don't appear to be in this game?
A: Several things had previously been listed in this section as having "never existed in this world." With the shutdown of CLOK, I no longer feel compelled to try and make so many deliberate changes and differences between this world and that of CLOK, and I also have a desire to preserve as much as I can from CLOK while remaining true to the deliberate differences already made for COGG. A lot of CLOK's areas and factions are still missing from COGG at the moment, but are very likely to show up in the game in one form or other at some point!
P.S. This does not mean we will be seeing a bunch of major towns again, though. Major player faction areas will remain Shadgard and Mistral Lake (soon!(tm)) only.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Updated "CLOK" section of the FAQ (and preservation desires)

Post by Rias »

And while we're on the topic - if anyone has any CLOK locations near and dear to their hearts, post them here so they don't get overlooked!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

That little grove (Blackthorn I think!) was always a fun place for Druidy types to congregate. There was also an area north of Corvus I remember - it may have been called Jackdaw Trail? I'd love to see that come back.

Also, always and forever: Dwaedn Vil.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Maina

Post by Maina »

Out west, just across the river and near the jungle, was a little grove where people would sometimes respawn when they died. A few Druid characters considered it a places sacred to the Gaea and would congregate there for lessons, socializing, or sometimes events. It's only one little room, and I'm not sure where it would go on COGG, but I would like to see it again. Spent many many hours there.

Edit: Mixed up CLOK and COGG for a moment. Fixed.
Last edited by Maina on Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artus

Post by artus »

My first instinct (and I bet half of the people can guess): Tse Gaiyan chapterhouse! If the faction is back, I hope the area is back too.
Also, since we have Thailsh here , what about some, most, or all parts of stone canyon? That's a major one no one ever explored aside from exclusive few.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Only place that I can think of that one of my characters was attached to was that little isle of solitude or whatever it's called, only that was inside the mummers camp. It was a lovely little room, not sure if it'd fit in here though, especially if the mummers don't return.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Prism

Post by Prism »

Maina wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:35 pm Out west, just across the river and near the jungle, was a little grove where people would sometimes respawn when they died. A few Druid characters considered it a places sacred to the Gaea and would congregate there for lessons, socializing, or sometimes events. It's only one little room, and I'm not sure where it would go on CLOK, but I would like to see it again. Spent many many hours there.
I don't have a log of the room in question, but I do remember it's exact location.

It was directly west over the bridge to the west of Haiban-- the bridge that leads over the river and toward the jungle. From the room where one was "over" said bridge and the bridge led back eastward, if they travelled one room north, and one east, they'd find the entrance to the druidy room in question.

I'm also a fan of Jacdaw trail-- love that place.

But personally, gimme dat Asylum so I can take people on pants-peeing terrifying night excursions.

EDIT: This is also me politely noting my absolute love for the Concord. RIP Concord.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "
silly

Post by silly »

My favourite was Jackdaw Trail. I'd definitely love to see it again if possible!
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
HeckTurtle

Post by HeckTurtle »

I also loved Jackdaw. I'm trying to remember other areas I loved that aren't already in COGG...

Caldwell! But I think I heard that might exist in the future already, possibly? I found it super cool to explore and try to learn about.

The last one isn't even a joke, but the Gaslight Swamp. I may have been the only player (at least around the time I played) who genuinely enjoyed doing rescues there because I'm probably masochistic. It was so interesting to explore and I have a lot of good (yes, good) memories attached to it.

I'm not sure if all of those places might appear in COGG in the future, but they were favorites and I hope to see them again someday.
Prism

Post by Prism »

HeckTurtle wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:25 pm The last one isn't even a joke, but the Gaslight Swamp. I may have been the only player (at least around the time I played) who genuinely enjoyed doing rescues there because I'm probably masochistic. It was so interesting to explore and I have a lot of good (yes, good) memories attached to it.

I'm not sure if all of those places might appear in COGG in the future, but they were favorites and I hope to see them again someday.
OMG THIS. 1000000% this. Please? Pretty please? Fill it with horrible wasp men that make us regret asking for it, too. And poisonous moss bodies that puke on us and make us feel bad for remembering it.

Heckturtle is my favorite today because of also being a lover of torturing themself in this place
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "