Voicechat Notes - November 5th

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Teri

Voicechat Notes - November 5th

Post by Teri »

Rias: My question: Why does Talyn die so often?
Answer: He said who knows? *Rias laughs*

Q: I feel like I asked this in some form before, but I can't remember. Since Tol Rhun is a Monarchy, and the Shackled One is trapped in his hidden Shrine kinda advising, do they worship him there, or are they more after power and don't care about him?
A:: (missed this one something about many opinions maybe??)

Q:Perhaps much simpler a question than my others: should torches, lanterns, and lit netherbane oil prevent sorcery channeling, lore-wise, like iron does? If not, why not?
A: Not necessary to put in, iron has a radiant effect around that stuff but direct contact with fire destroys nether. Iron is proximity based. Ideally he would love to have it for tainted people to become uncomfy if they have iron in their backpacks (note related to previous question, why nether touched/sorcerers can’t get away with using iron weapons even if only touching the wood, proximity)

Q: Would the Anti-Nethrim society prevent Nethertouched from joining? They probably wouldn't let sorcerer's join, and Nethertouched seems like it would fall into that category, but you never know.
A: They would say hey we can try to take care of your condition first because you know a lot of people who get Nethertouched aren't trying to, it happens to people not of their own desire and will and that isn't the direction Rias wants to go for
Nethertouched could join but you couldn't decide to remain that way and the society will likely have some means of purging it The society :You are a going fighting Nethrim and as a result you got corrupted ok well you obviously didn't want that we will help you take care of it

Q: I wonder if folks going to Caer Ioan will be able to keep their farms. if not, no reason to buy any new animals at the festival if the old ones can't even be kept

A: He will figure something out, people will be able to keep their farm stuff as the animals will be transported or say npcs helped you do it and won't start over square one, especially because this will be the first time the town will be open so it wasn't an option for character creation.

Q: As ESP aura color is the same as chalk color and distyr and such, does that mean ESP is related to the same source as Glyphs? Are there in-character theories to this effect, even if you can't speak to the reality of the situation?
A: The theory is the individual's aura is manifested through arcana and esp and assume they are processes that are for whatever reason drawing on the aura of that person.
Doesn't necessarily mean esp and glyphs are directly linked but they both draw out the aura a person has and manifests visibly.

Q Followup: How is changing aura explained if aura is innate to the person and not an external force? Is changing aura IC or more for player convenience?
A: It is in character and you have yo go to the twilight eye (before you could pick whatever any time) and the they will help you attune to your aura. It isn't like you are born are stuck with one. You could say you went there and this is the aura that manifested but also people could go there and say they want to change it. It isn't innate inherent or deeply rooted, it is an effect people have figured out how to tweak and utilized

Q Is there any chance of getting the "shattered" kind of ESP crystal conversions done at a Twilight Eye like the new exchangeable amulets?
A: He likes that idea yes (in regards to the one off festival esp items like the silver rings so instead of them fading forever, he liked Kaijus idea of it being a service charge of 500 or something to keep the item going, instead of swapping a pendant in. (Also judging me the the 100 odd pendants I had, not my fault the market told me to go away! Muaha)

Q: What is the appropriate way to handle things like people talking in meme-speak in-character? As an extreme example, if someone starts going around calling people their 'pogchamp' or how they 'can haz turnover' or something. People have expressed a desire to avoid 'RP police' in the (recent) past, but we do have a language filter because Rias (as I recall?) finds real-life swears immersion-breaking to some degree. Along similar lines, are there any policies about using famous character names from other franchises? These both seem also immersion-breaking to various degrees.
A: He doesn't want meme speak and that he prefers avoiding being too modern and to keep things in character. One thing makes his eye twitch and certain phrases he hates frequent uses of are ‘like’ and ‘you guys’ (They aren’t against the rules or anything, but happen to be one of those meh ones for him) . In cases where it is going on, send them a gentle, non-judgmental tell to keep in character. Likely they will defensive try to not be judging or concendescaing (it will likely be difficult at times.) In cases where they are out of hand, excessive and jarring, report it or email and about the person doing it.
Q: Along similar lines, are there any policies about using famous character names from other franchises? These both seem also immersion-breaking to various degrees.
A: He hasn't worried about names as much with his time around but he would like it to be avoided. It wasn’t an official policy and he will be adding a reminder to the character creation page about avoiding it because are you trying to be that famous character or just share the name?

Q: Are you aware of unguent buying issues?
A: No, but did or is fixing it or id-ed the issues Word order got a bit goofy, and he would like people to know the unguent prices are not a bug, player listings vary. (He got bug reports about the prices)

Q: 1. Why can't nightblades flipflank? I understand not to make them like duelists but being in the open after the ambush it could help maybe.
A: 1. He doesn't want them to be duelists lite cause they also have sorcery and lockpicking. It sounds like it is something they could have, but mechanics wise he doesn't want them to be too similar. Nightblades use underhand moves, cunning and stealth when they can along with their artifice for their style, while duelists are about fancy moves and footwork.

Q. 2. If this was asked i might have missed it, plus knowing rias its a i dont want to talk about it much but what are Caer Ioan views on the Exiles of Republic?
A: 2. The npc did have a few things to say about it but generally they don't love the Rep. They feel a lot of the type of people in CI are ones even the Republic doesn't want around and they are not besties. They aren't at open war or anything either. They view the Republic as just another faction screwing over or mistreating people and not giving people the rights they feel they deserve.
Q. 3. If the boards are a no go for rabble rousing since people are getting frustrated. Could...whispering to crowds have effect? I understand its if a GM is on but was a thought for those antagonistic players. Besides could backfire also.
A: He wants a bit moer clarification on the question, but doesn't want the board/towns to be hub of flowing misinformation. For theoretical crowd rumors, something with long cool down for putting rumors out.

Q: How much of an area is going to be released with Caer Ioan? Is it going to be very limited, and built up like early Shadgard was in regards to zones, or will it be close enough that Shadgard/Caer Ioan people will share hunting grounds, even from as early on as 0 skil
how limited or broad will it be

A: Initially it will be limited and low to mid combat zones. It would suck to run over the Shagard side for everything, but it will be less fleshed out and added to over time. He would rather get it out earlier and let people understand the town. Also less facilities starting out.

Q: Is this new area like the Corvus of Clok? I'm sort of getting that vibe except for the fact its public.
A: rough analogue and it is the spooky place you can go to and the ‘I'm a dark evil character’ will be more at home there. Same kind of feel as Corvus but it is its own unique place.

Q: I was under the assumption Caer Ioun was a place one kinda "Earned" their way into via RP. Is it a place you can get into at character creation now?

A: Starting out, rp into testing phase check it out see how it shows mechanical is ic-ly and function and what weird oddities he didn't forsee. It will not open up to all at once and if it proves to work well and enough to stick around ((could be awful)) and then eventually opening it up to everyone, and then also as character selection with a mini quests/task to decide which place you want to go to

Q: 1.What's the timer on like someone gets to visit and thinks they want to move there - when do they stop being cool with Shadgard? 2. And how quickly does the the "lock-out" for other characters on that account take effect?
A:1. Maybe straight up ooc thing to come around and take a look and see if it is your feel or not aesthetically, not just open to anyone to wander in. Possibly will create an ooc instance of it visually to check it out. Or have a character come on a one by one basis for people interested in joining to come in under heavy guard (They will be cautious about who they let in.) and look around to check the place out and see what you think and well now you have looked around, let us know soon if you want to commit and so on.
A: 2. With the first character to start when doing the rp join thing and it will be a manual character by character basis thing and if you have another character you need to shelve them or decide to move them over so they aren't in both factions at once. Not instant but likely enough to sort things rp wise, but it isn’t a thing where it will be months. Down the line it will be automatically or you need to shelve to make a character in the opposing town.

Q:Are you going to be automatically tainted when you enter like, you enter, you're tainted fully?
A: Not required

Q: If you join the place, are you going to be shot with flintlocks if you enter Shadgard? Will I not be able to get those good flapjacks?

A: The guards will stop you, but that is it. Being from an opposing town won’t be kill on sight, but they might not like you hanging outside the gates.

Q: These have maybe been answered elsewhere. There are many forum posts, so it's likely I missed it. Given the proximity of Caer Ioan's release (I believe?), it may still be appropriate to ask:

Presently, Shadgard's Sheriff made a talk about how if people want to leave, that's fine, no hard feelings. But I also understand part of the intent of a second faction is to facilitate CvC. Is there a plan for some inciting event between the two such that the result is war? Or will it be small-scale skirmishes over resources without anything official? More practically, will players from either side be allowed to roleplay with each other? Visit each other in their home cities? Or will there, at some point, be a situation where members of faction A will be shot on sight at faction B's headquarters and fraternizing is treason?

A: The sheriff could be coming saying something tolerant and understanding but could also be interpreted as don’t like the town, get the hell out. He would rather the interpretation of it be open ended.
Intent is for character to develop and clash over cvc zones or resources in an organic, progression over time way, not something specifically directed.
The new faction of Caer Ioan is growing and also unknown and they haven't had enough time to grow opinions to be at each other's throats. It isn't' 24/7 kill on sight aggression, more a mix and natural flow of characters rp. Shadgard doesn't know enough about Caer Ioan to hate them but they are sus about the nether and have a negative view of them in those regards.
No they won't visit the town at all. There will be outposts and unless someone gives a reason, the intent isn't for a person to be shot on sight, you just can't go through the gate. Attack guards or city then yes they will be attacked on sight for getting bad faction rep. They might not like spies sitting outside the gate (wrote this next to another gate question about getting shot too) He isn't cutting the factions off from one another (can’t rp then) Character’s could hang out as they wish.

Q. How does a citizen of shadgard report a crime within the town?

A: He needs to set up some kind of thing for it and somehow avoid headache of false reports and there will be a limit or the sheriff will go you are wasting our time. To start, maybe a mailbox to send mail to. Unsigned letters will be ignored.

Q: Would it be possible to know the sender of packages within the mail system?
A: Should stay anonymous for the packages as people wish, but may include an option to add their name along the cod.

Q Would it be possible to inspect package contents before accepting them?

A: He will ponder a policy for cod package sand look into the contents before paying.

Q: Will there be flintlocks at all in the game? I see guards carry them, so i'm wondering whether they will actually work. Or are we going towards more advanced weapons like Percussion caps?
The only reason I ask is because realistically, there are multiple ways to use powder, horns aren't the only way and certainly there are cartridges, powder cups for measuring the powder itself, and other such ways of loading them. I like the powder horns, but I feel it could be done a little more realistically.
Q: Lore wise yes but there are so many pitfalls to gunpowder and players when they get it often go “the answer to everything is blow it up” because gunpowder in players hands can be bad. Getting gunpowder or guns will be hard and rare to get, and common guns will be pneumatics. Powder horns could keep them clumsy and take long instead of it being so quick, so people aren’t just taking a bunch of shots like modern guns.

Q: It'd be awesome if rogues had the ability to knock people out like they did back in other mud.

A: knock out one shot is overpowered, but maybe something with a similar effect to mesmerize.

Q: Last-minute question (can save for next week if we go late): You mentioned the assassins having a higher purpose, not just being mercenaries. Is there something about that which can be shared, for those that might want to start considering whether to roleplay their character's path in that direction?
Q Nothing he wants to say yet but societies are high on the list after Caer Ioan so hopefully you will be getting some information about it soonish

Q: Are there going to be guild specific tasks with riln as the reward for doing them?
A: Yes both guilds and societies will have tasks and to have a feel of actually doing something towards furthering their societies.

Q: For a future question, how do you feel regarding armor values currently that are live and available for the population? I know a while back, you thought certain armor types needed a rework, and I think a lot of us agreed. But you've recently released things almost as good as ridgeleather (if not better). Do you still imagine a huge overhaul, or more minor tweaks?
A: He will do that better once we have more heavy armors. We have plenty of light and some medium and ridge will be more entry level heavy and some mediums muscles in on that side of things. They all need balancing.
He would love number crunch feedback from it all and he hasn't played his warrior in a while and done a ton of armor stuff with that recently, especially once he gets metal place armor out there that has been what he has been waiting on to take a close look at numbers over.

Q: Will there be metal armor in the future? I know people were looking for it, and I know it'll be really expensive or really hard to make.
A:; He feels he has been struggling overcomplicating on the hows and whys and intends to simplify it. It will go over a coat of leather or cloth and it will be built on top of that. There will also be chainmail armor medium class.
Potential will be different carapace type armor once the particulars are figured out.

Q: I've always seen Cogg as a more realistic mud, so i'm glad there will be that detailed of an armor crafting system. Also, will you need a wire for the chainmail as part of the craft? Because that's how the links are supported when you make that kind of armor and I feel that it should be done that way because that's how its done irl.
A: Chain won't be a bunch of tiny links, some nails or some metal plates/some iron chain rings. Enough item bloat as is.
Rias loves multi component items and wants to add more in. Something like a wood shield then leather layer, then possibly metal. So it would take a woodworker and then leatherwork to add leather to make it sturdy and then add metal to it emboss for special effects
Rambled a soft wood shield catch weapon to twist weapons out of foes hands
Someone/nobody/ Speculated another thing with a metal shield hitting the metal part could be a better chances of staggering a person who hits a metal shield because it would rattle their hands holding a weapon/maybe drop the weapon

Q: Do you have any thoughts regarding the mechanics with mounted combat? Hot topic today
A: Yes, there are ideas to have the mounts to scale with their rider instead of flat base skills and and in the future based on rider skill and your affinity with that mount,would be fun.
Thinks warriors are quite good on their own and now put them on a mouth so feet aren't involved. Move faster and harder but dexterity is different and it is hard to find a way mounts can be a benefit while excluding some abilities.

Follow up: I'll poke Kaiju, but from your comments it sounds like there could be a warrior ability with different specialization specific effects on/for/with mounts
A: Class specific stuff he loves the idea of that formounts and with dreadnoughts he would love to add more mounted abilities with other classes where characters have the feeling this thing is just for me and specific and to be more effective on the mount and have that benefit. Some are harder to think of more abilities than duelists and nightblades because they do stuff on their feet and hard to think of that they do on horse.
Thinks it is okay to a degree as stealth or flippy person you might get less mileage out of a warhorse combat wise, because it isn't what stealthy footwork combat people train for, and it is okay for them to have less and dualists can use the horses as launching pads.
Likes the idea primalist's affecting horse as as specific ability, druidry stuff with mounts could be fun opportunities

Q: Issues with stealth aiming being thrown off where it shouldn’t

A: Found the issues and will fix it

Q: My rambling tattoo question about specifics

A: Specifics: you will have to choose a spot of a single hit location. Clothing that you wear cover that hit location will cover the tattoo.
The one weird one is a face tattoo doesn’t show through a hat and he would like to change the mechanics so it does. One area only. Could be weird if it spans multiple hit areas unless he reworks it someday
Follow up: what about a tattoo spanning shoulder, arm and then hand.
Different areas can be done multiples times if it is suppose to look different each spot. Tattoos transitioning from like the face to neck or chest will be separate tattoo areas and multiple visits with the merchant if I understood correctly.
He will try to bring the merchant more often to give people the chance for the spanning tattoos, or depending on how things go, get back in line. I said the tattoos would be in very high demand and he was pleased and said good, spend your riln!

Q Tattoo-related question: is there anything to be said about the use and perception of tattoos outside of the cultures that have specific meanings (Faewyr brands, Fasa clans, druid bond-tattoos)?
A: Not really. Viali could be uppity about non members wearing them but not really issues about it.

Q. Will there be rudimentary glass making?

A: yes it was in the skill list at some point and he would like to have some kind of glass working. People ask for soap and candle making and since it is one limited skill set minor in scope once he figures out how to implement it. He wants people to feel investing the skill points is worth it. Speculated an other crafts skill and it divvies up in various into minor crafts within, sort of like bushcrafting
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
nobody

Re: Voicechat Notes - November 5th

Post by nobody »

Below are the notes that I have. Hopefully they're very redundant.

Bonehead: I feel like I asked this in some form before, but I can't remember. Since Tol Rhun is a Monarchy, and the Shackled One is trapped in his hidden Shrine kinda advising, do they worship him there, or are they more after power and don't care about him?
> It varies, plenty worship Rhun, some aspire to replace / do better, etc. It isn't common knowledge where Rhun is, so there is some 'just gotta trust the priests' going on.

Maina: Perhaps much simpler a question than my others: should torches, lanterns, and lit netherbane oil prevent sorcery channeling, lore-wise, like iron does? If not, why not?
> No, might be in the non-existent COGG the book, but not in the game. Iron has a proximity effect, fire only has a direct contact effect. Would be cool to eventually have nether tainted feel uncomfortable if they have iron in their backpack / pouch / etc.

Bonehead: Would the Anti-Nethrim society prevent Nethertouched from joining? They probably wouldn't let sorcerers join, and Nethertouched seems like it would fall into that category, but you never know.
> They would expect nethertouched to seek treatment, not embracing it. Probably wouldn't be able to pursue nether touched and remain in good standing.

Kalista: I wonder if folks going to Caer Ioan will be able to keep their farms. if not, no reason to buy any new animals at the festival if the old ones can't even be kept
> We'll figure something out, stuff will be able to get migrated though.

Maina: As ESP aura color is the same as chalk color and distyr and such, does that mean ESP is related to the same source as Glyphs? Are there in-character theories to this effect, even if you can't speak to the reality of the situation?
> Theory among scholars is that it is an effect of character's auras. So the occult effects both draw out auras, but aren't necessarily linked or not linked - there isn't definitive proof either way.

Maina, Followup: How is changing aura explained if aura is innate to the person and not an external force? Is changing aura IC or more for player convenience?
> it is IC, you have to go to twilight eye and they'll help you tune your aura. You could say an aura seemed natural for you or stood out, or just that you chose that one. But aura selection and aura changing are absolutely IC processes.

Kaiju: Is there any chance of getting the "shattered" kind of ESP crystal conversions done at a Twilight Eye like the new exchangeable amulets? Like a recharge service for the cool alternate pendant designs?
> That would be a cool luxury service to drain a little more riln from people who can afford it.

Maina: What is the appropriate way to handle things like people talking in meme-speak in-character? As an extreme example, if someone starts going around calling people their 'pogchamp' or how they 'can haz turnover' or something. People have expressed a desire to avoid 'RP police' in the (recent) past, but we do have a language filter because Rias (as I recall?) finds real-life swears immersion-breaking to some degree. Along similar lines, are there any policies about using famous character names from other franchises? These both seem also immersion-breaking to various degrees.
> No meme speak please. If you're comfortable with it, you could send a tell to the effect that it's too jarring / too modern. Ye Olde Englishe is not required, but lets avoid the meme speak IC. For famous* names, prefer it be avoided. Rias will add this back it into character creation.

Active market bug: cannot order unguent jar
> Yeah, part of the optimization, will be looked at. Price fluctuations in unguent jar is not a bug, it's an effect of consignment.

Talyn: Why cant nightblades flipflank? I understand not to make them like duelists but being in the open after the ambush it could help maybe.
> Nightblades are more about the stealth surprise, not the shock-and-awe surprise. Duelists are surprising when you watch them, Nightblades are surprising when you don't.

Talyn: If this was asked i might have missed it, plus knowing rias its a i dont want to talk about it much but what is Caer Iaons views on the Exiles of Republic?
> They don't love the Republic, some of the people in Caer Ioan are people who were probably exiled from the Republic of Exiles. They think the Republic is mistreating afflicted folks.

Talyn: If the boards are a no go for rabble rousing since people are getting frustrated. Could...whispering to crowds have effect? I understand its if a GM is on but was a thought for those antagonistic players. Besides could backfire also.
> It is always easier to disrupt a community than to build one. I wouldn't want either town to be a constant flowing hub of misinformation. Maybe a long cool down for rumor introduction / trying to influence townsfolk opinions on others' reputations. Flesh out this question more and send it back.

Kaiju: how much of an area is going to be added with Caer Ioan? Will it be close enough to Shadgard to share, will it be released in bits, will a bunch all be released at once?
> at first it will be more limited. Want to add combat zones and another stuff, it will be a bit at a time to get Caer Ioan out there earlier and it will just have less facilities around as a consequence. Long term they should be comparable.

Kaiju, followup: Do you imagine there will be some conflict with having to share hunting zones?
> Sure, and that seems like it would be fun. If people aren't interested they'll find ways to work around.

Verel: Is  this  new  area  like  the  Corvus  of  Clok?  I'm  sort  of  getting  that  vibe  except  for  the fact its public.
> Yes, kind of. Spookier stuff will be there, more-evil-leaning people will feel more 'at home' than in Shadgard, but it will be it's own place not just a reskinned Corvus.

Bonehead: I was under the assumption Caer Ioun was a place one kinda "Earned" their way into via RP. Is it a place you can get into at character creation now?
> It'll go in phases, first will be RP to enter and we'll see how that goes. The goal is to open it up eventually if people handle it well.

Kiki: What's the timer on like someone gets to visit and thinks they want to move there - when do they stop being cool with Shadgard? And how quickly does the the "lock-out" for other characters on that account take effect?
> Possibly some OOC tours to check it out, but it won't be open for just anyone to walk in. When it is a manual basis one-by-one it'll be kind of a walk around and escourt you back out and 'let us known soon if you want to make this commitment or not' kind of thing.

For second characters, it will be an OOC discussion at first where you decide after you get a character in whether your other active character (if you have one) needs to get shelved or needs to get moved over at the same time.

Verel: Are  you  going  to  be  automatically  tainted  when  you  enter  like,  you  enter,  you're  tainted  fully?
> Nope. It isn't required, you can be nether free, but it is a thing they talk about plenty.

Verel: If  you  join  the  place,  are  you  going  to  be  shot  with  flintlocks  if  you  enter  Shadgard?  Will I  not  be  able  to  get  those  good  flapjacks?
> You won't be shot, but you won't be able to walk in - the guards will simply stop you from entering. If you want Shadgard flapjacks, you might be able to get someone to bring them out to you.

Maina: These have maybe been answered elsewhere. There are many forum posts, so it's likely I missed it. Given the proximity of Caer Ioan's release (I believe?), it may still be appropriate to ask: Presently, Shadgard's Sheriff made a talk about how if people want to leave, that's fine, no hard feelings. But I also understand part of the intent of a second faction is to facilitate CvC. Is there a plan for some inciting event between the two such that the result is war? Or will it be small-scale skirmishes over resources without anything official? More practically, will players from either side be allowed to roleplay with each other? Visit each other in their home cities? Or will there, at some point, be a situation where members of faction A will be shot on sight at faction B's headquarters and fraternizing is treason?
> It is an unknown right now for most people, so Shadgard folk's shouldn't have strong opinions about Caer Ioan yet. The CvC conflict of the two will (hopefully) wax and wane (ebb/flow) naturally as the two factions compete for resources or join to fight common enemy factions. People should feel justified fighting each other in CvC zones to get resources / deny others access to resources. RP with people across factions will still be fine and there are outposts between the two that will be good places to do that, as well as doing things like culling infested together, etc. In general the faction animosity won't be shoot-on-sight for either side. It will be possible for individuals to build their own personal reputation such that they become a shoot-on-sight person, and spending time with such individuals openly could potentially influence your own faction status. Rias intends for the conflicts to be more natural rather than an immediately ratcheted up never-ending war.

Teri: How does a citizen report a crime within Shadgard currently?
> There currently isn't a way. Goal is to have something set up for people to do that. At first with a mailbox people can mail them to, unsigned letters will be ignored, false reports will be fined, etc. The big hazard here is characters frivolously wasting GM RP time when they could be having more meaningful interactions. Please don't do that. Also not for use in reporting obvious bugs (if stuff disappears from your inn room, don't report IC theft, report OOC bug, because it is!).

Teri: Will it be possible to know who sent mail, or will it always be anonymous if unsigned? Alternatively, will there be an option to inspect package contents before accepting a COD package.
> Anonymous will always be an option, but inspecting should be a thing for COD packages. Added to to-do.

Verel: Will  there  be  flintlocks  at  all in the  game?  I  see  guards  carry  them,  so  i'm  wondering  whether  they  will  actually  work.  Or  are  we  going  towards  more  advanced  weapons  like  Percussion caps? The  only reason I  ask  is  because  realisticly, there are multiple ways to use powder,  horns  aren't  the  only  way  and  certainly there are cartridges, powder cups for measuring  the  powder  itself, and other such ways of loading them.  I  like  the  powder horns, but I feel it could be done a  little more realistically.
> There will probably be some rare flintlocks that use gunpowder, and the powder will be a very limited access resource. The reason for the powder horns in the past has been to deliberately make firearms more clunky so that the game didn't have the outcome of firearms being the best weapons and anyone interested in serious combat having to need to use them because all other weapons would be obviously inferior by comparison. Most firearms players will have access to will be pneumatic, it is mechanically more interesting and maintains a good balance mechanically (hopefully).

Will rogues ever get sap like in the other game?
> Probably something more like a daze/mezmerise because a one-hit knock out is kind of really over-powered.

Maina: You mentioned the assassins (society) having a higher purpose, not just being mercenaries. Is there something about that which can be shared, for those that might want to start considering whether to roleplay their character's path in that direction?
> Not yet, societies will be the goal after Caer Ioan is released, so look for IC information soon after.

Verel: Are  there  going  to  be  guild  specific  tasks  with  riln  as  the  reward  for  doing  them?
> Yes, there will be tasks for guilds and for socities. They provide purpose, get characters some riln, and establish the feel of the guild/society.

Kaiju: I do apologize if there has been an answer, it is late. But, how do you see mounted combat changing? Or do you not see it doing so?
> Some ideas to make them scale better (use riding and rider combat skills, as well as affinity built up with that particular mount). It is tricky because the person's legs are out of the game / reduced mobility and dexterity from that, but some things should definitely be more effective. It is also ok that some classes just aren't going to be an ideal match with horses (think nightblades who rely on stealth and  duelists who focus on their own footwork a lot, so giving up foot mobility is relevant).

Kaiju: How do you feel regarding armor values currently that are live and available for the population? I know a while back, you thought certain armor types needed a rework, and I think a lot of us agreed. But you've recently released things almost as good as ridgeleather (if not better). Do you still imagine a huge overhaul, or more minor tweaks?
> medium armors are edging in on ridgeleather (this is probably ok because the ones that are, are in the heavy end of medium). Feedback, especially number feedback is valued here. After metal armor is finally released Rias will poke at the numbers himself and do some tweaking at that time. Chainmail will be a medium armor, and plate will be heavy and built on top of leather. Some other heavies like carapace armor will also exist, but figuring out sourcing / creation process there is more complicated.

Verel: Will there be  chain  and  will you  be  required  to  make  individual  chain links,  like  50  or  so,  then  string  them  together  like  how  you  actually  build  chain  armor?
> probably not like that, it'll be 'some chain links' type thing to not make item bloat worse.

Teri: some weird things are going on with aim, me in stealth, that seem off.
> sounds like a bug, Rias will take a look.

Teri: What are the valid tattoo areas?
> You'll have to pick a specific location (think hit locations) and they'll be covered by clothing/armor that provides warmth/protection for that area. Exception: face tattoos (eventually). No tattoos that span multiple body/hit locations, it would be very fiddly code wise figuring out showing part of a tattoo. No limit on tattoos on a single hit location for now.

Maina: Tattoo-relate question: is there anything to be said about the use and perception of tattoos outside of the cultures that have specific meanings (Faewyr brands, Fasa clans, druid bond-tattoos)?
> Not broadly. Tattoos might be a little more taboo among Viali, but no specific details yet.

Will there be rudimentary glass making?
> Yes, but the path there is still uncertain because it won't be worth skill points by itself compared to like metalworking / woodworking. Possibly a minor crafts skill with some affinities to make it jam that would include thigs like glass making, candle making, soap making, etc.

Teri: a focus topic each week for an opening segment?
> That sounds good, we can see what people think.

My own rambling question about market optimization
> Some of the improvement was just writing better queries that let the database handle more of the work and the game server handle less of the work.