Merchant customization ideas

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Prism

Re: Merchant customization ideas

Post by Prism »

Here's a few of mine.

Short Desc: a broad shouldered ebon leather duster trimmed with stylized flames

Long Desc: A voluminous knee-length coat who's sleeves have been carefully fitted to the physique of it's owner. Intricately stylized flames have been carefully embossed onto the outermost edges of the cuffs, collar, and fringe.

Short Desc: a sizeable ebon leather backpack

Long Desc: A sizeable leather backpack suitable for carrying miscellaneous supplies for wilderness travel. It is divided into four pockets. One opens near the top, one closer to the front and two flank on each side.

Short desc: a fine blackened steel longsword

Long Desc: A sword with a long, straight blade, wide crossguard, and a grip long enough to accommodate two hands if desired. The length of the blade has been blackened to a darker hue than average, its ebon smokiness contrasting to the glimmering steel of the rest of the weapon.

Bonus Feature: It's inscribed with a mechanical readable message. I should've specified in the long desc, but it's engraved into the flat of the ricasso closer to the sword's strong blade.

You read a fine blackened steel longsword (keen-edged) (Viali Letters):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woe to the Vanquished
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun Fact: "Woe to the Vanquished" is a translation of the latin, "Vae Victus", commonly attributed to the Gaul Brennus. He said such after he threw his sword upon the steel weights his Gauls used to measure the gold the defeated Romans were surrendering in exchange for their lives. Why? because in essence, the Romans accused the Gauls of rigging their weights and demanding more gold than they should be.

It's particularly funny because they had to get more gold to account for the weight of the sword after he basically told them to get over themselves and stop being sore losers.
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I'd like to seek help again, especially because I didn't expect there to be a wood merchant anytime soon.

I'm trying to come up with the strings for a mask for Maya. This is what I have thus far:
I'm thinking Amberwood for the material, though I'm not too sure if that would even realistically work, as Amberwood is supposed to be really, really soft, right? Anyway, I was thinking of it being animal themed like Hreidun's, and, inspired by people recently calling Maya a cat, was thinking about going with a Panther or similar big cat. I'm not set on that, nor even the animal themed one. I haven't sat down and done any real research on what exactly panthers look like, but I'm also not really sure what kind of details I should be putting into a mask like this.
The goal is for it to be one of the pieces of her Duelist outfit, the other being a cloak. Thus, I'm thinking as flashy and noticeable as possible.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Prism

Post by Prism »

Another pendant idea in particular, for those who want to plan them out in the future.

Thanks again to Fellborn for the always wonderful work and patience with us all.

Short Desc: an elaborate necklace of heavy gold chain cradling a <<color>> crystal
Long Desc:Cradled on an intricately linked chain of hammered gold, the <<color>> crystal pendant glimmers as it catches the eye. Upon thorough examination, the links of the chain are engraved to form the image of stylized lightning crackling through billowing cloud.
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "