Player content recommendation: Neocities

A place for players to list and share their COGG-related websites.
Rias
DEV

Player content recommendation: Neocities

Post by Rias »

Someone contacted me earlier about putting up some custom content they were working on about the game. I'd rather not host and maintain pages for players on my personal server, so I recommended Neocities.org as a place where players can make and host a free website. No ads or anything. It's also nice and nostalgic for those of us who knew GeoCities.

I'd be happy to designate a wiki page for listing links to player sites and resources. And I'd be absolutely thrilled to see player content in general. Guides, maps, art, collections of humorous incidents, logs of public events, whatever.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Re: Player content recommendation: Neocities

Post by ocayucos »

Here is my site so far: https://sonofthesea.neocities.org/ It has taken a lot more time and effort than I thought it would. I'm really proud of how my maps of Shadgard and Ravenwood turned out. There isn't anything on the guides page yet , but I thought I would put a new player guide and a storytelling guide, share some fishing and diving tips, maybe a combat guide. Someone who plays a warrior might be better writing the combat guide actually, I still can't decide whether to go ranged or melee.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Oh man, this is so delightfully 90s. The maps are great. One note on maps, though: If something seems like an intentionally-hidden nook or area, maybe omit it from the map and leave it to individual exploration instead so players can have that experience and sense of discovery on their own. I didn't see any offenders on your maps, just something that looking at maps brought to mind.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

After risking life and limb, I have added a Tarueka map! https://sonofthesea.neocities.org/maps.html

I left some rooms off on purpose to cooperate with Rias's request. The fonts aren't staying with the SVG files for some reason, so for now they are PNG and the smaller text is kind of hard to read. For that I apologize.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've changed the "Socializing" BBS category to "Player Content & Socializing", and have added the "Player Websites" board to this category. (And I moved this thread to this category.) Feel free to start a thread for your own site where you can post updates and such!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO