Banking and Vaults

Discussion of the various minor outposts out there.
Onasaki

Banking and Vaults

Post by Onasaki »

How is this going to function with people wanting to move over to Caer Ioan? Will we have to physically move our stuff from our vault to a new vault, or will there be an easier means of transporting all of our worldly possessions from Shadgard to Caer Ioan? (I imagine that the Mining Company would help out with transport, or at least I'd hope.)

Otherwise will we just need to load up a handcart with everything we own and go that way? XD
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Karjus

Re: Banking and Vaults

Post by Karjus »

Totally want a convoy of the dispossessed with all their possessions loaded in carts making their way to the new lands, amidst the fruit throwing and abuse hurled by Shadgardians and pockets of violence.

It truly would be a bonding experience. >□
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

I mean I would love that also. It would bring such a joyous RP bond
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

With the advent of Westwind Mercantile as a functioning separate banking corporation to Shadgard Mining Co. I think this answers this question. I imagine (or at least hope), that we'll get a chance to strike a deal with the Mercantile Group to get our assets moved. And while doing it codedly is probably a simple matter, I think from an IC level it should take a couple of days to transfer from Shadgard vaults to Westwind Vaults.

This is all speculation though. I like to imagine that Westwind Mercantile is a Trading Company, with a branch in Caer Ioan, or nearby. I also suspect they have a port (Either in, or outside of Caer Ioan) or something trade-wise they use to travel between Emberlight and where-ever.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Westwind Mercantile is an independent group that could indeed serve well as a neutral party for things like this (transferring funds and vault storage items and whatnot cross-faction). Shadgard Mining Co. primarily has significance in Shadgard, and it's because of groups like Westwind that other outposts still accept their notes because they can eventually exchange these notes and still get value from them through a neutral party without having to worry about faction prejudices and all that. I stealthed in a change a little while ago that makes it so some of the other outposts are giving out notes specific to themselves now, which makes far more sense than the Shadgard Mining Co. having such wide-ranging influence outside Shadgard that their notes were used literally everywhere. You might have seen some Stormholdt Treasury notes, or Qamari Treasury notes, for instance. Westwind Mercantile serves as New Emberlight's primary banking provider (as well as other things for the little coastal settlement), so that's why some people are seeing their notes around now as well.

P.S. Matters of economics and money exchange and all that are a largely arcane and mystical wizardry to me, so if any of this flies completely in the face of believable practicality or logic, do let me know. On the other hand, I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of justifying the nitty-gritty details of matters like this so I'm very much okay with "it's believable *enough* to work for a fictional world game setting."
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO