ESP Network

Discussion of the various minor outposts out there.
Onasaki

ESP Network

Post by Onasaki »

How is this going to work between major townlines? Some people have different answers, some said different colored crystals, others said, well different frequencies of course. But largely, there was a bunch of mixed answers and 'i don't knows' and some questions about whether or not the Gray Channel will have a limited range.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
nobody

Re: ESP Network

Post by nobody »

Rias has talked about potentially having different ESP "zones" in the past, with some of those zones potentially being controled by capturable resource points. The post quoted below is somewhat old, and many things have changed, but it may be worth reading over for gaining greater historical context.
Rias wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 am ...
- Capturable resource sites that can be claimed by one of the two primary factions, as well as any of various NPC factions.

- I'm considering giving ESP communications separate zones of effectiveness, with a third zone between the two. This should help avoid constant bickering and trash talk over the ESP waves, and also means when someone of an opposing faction is defeated and sent back to respawn in their town, they can't immediately take to ESP with vengeance-filled tirades or claims of cheating and so on, and should help avoid cheapening the feeling of their opponent's victory in that way. And also avoid smug victors gloating too much over ESP. And lastly, people can communicate on the Gray channel in their local zones with less fear that the opposing faction is always listening to everything they say. (These things were all brought up several times as issues in "the other game".)
Rias
DEV

Re: ESP Network

Post by Rias »

Yep, the plan is still to have separate zones of ESP range. So the gray network in the northern Caer Ioan area and the gray network in the southern Shadgard area would be different. A character will have to be in that region to pick up its associated ESP communications.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO