Rogue/nightblade/marauder ability suggestion

The usage of arcane glyphs and diagrams to power a wide variety of occult rituals.
nobody

Rogue/nightblade/marauder ability suggestion

Post by nobody »

discord wrote:Acarin: Is it possible right now to do occult drawings that are not our aura color?
Or use distyr and just glow instead of glowing our color?
Ability suggestion: Gray Thoughts
You're involved in shady business and dark work, and have spent many hours thinking gray thoughts. You've learned to push that for a little more anonymity.
OOC - channel gray to activate, during the duration your arcana effects and esp messages display with gray rather than your attuned aura. Duration standard for arcana, cooldown 30 minutes.
Acarin

Re: Rogue/nightblade/marauder ability suggestion

Post by Acarin »

I'm not sure that I agree with this requiring an ability point or being limited to particular people. It seems odd that our chalk magically changes color as we draw. I would think that circles would start as a chalk color...
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I do like the idea of an ability to allow drawing hidden circles in the open or while stealthed though
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
nobody

Post by nobody »

Acarin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pmI'm not sure that I agree with this requiring an ability point or being limited to particular people.
That is true, anyone can be sketchy, though some guilds do tend to specialize toward that.
Acarin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pmIt seems odd that our chalk magically changes color as we draw. I would think that circles would start as a chalk color...
It would be odd if your limestone chalk that costs a mere 10 riln did that, but your anomalum chalk is no mere stick of limestone. It's anomalous. Odd is the least of it's properties. =P
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'm not particularly keen on a non-glyph-related means of altering/removing diagram and effect colors. There will be some glyph that do things like hide the diagram from all but the person who drew it, but stuff like that is for Arcanists who will be able to draw diagrams with more than just two glyphs in them. Otherwise, ff you're worried about people knowing you drew any particular diagram on the ground, I'd recommend drawing them when nobody else is around and not leaving them for people to see.
Acarin wrote: It seems odd that our chalk magically changes color as we draw.
Try LOOKing at the chalk sometime. Combine what you see there with the fact that you're using it to draw occult diagrams, and at the very least, "odd" things should be expected. It's working as intended.
I do like the idea of an ability to allow drawing hidden circles in the open or while stealthed though
See the above for hidden circles, though that's for Arcanists only. Not being able to draw occult diagrams while hiding is intended. I see it as a bit too involved and taking up too much room to be done while also trying to remain positioned/motionless/crouched/whatever-else in stealth.

Sneaky sketchy diagram-drawing is best done in out-of-the-way places where one won't be spotted. And while we're on the subject: What's the particular reason for not wanting people to see your diagrams or their color?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
nobody

Post by nobody »

Rias wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:08 pm Not being able to draw occult diagrams while hiding is intended. I see it as a bit too involved and taking up too much room to be done while also trying to remain positioned/motionless/crouched/whatever-else in stealth.
Cogg wrote:> hide
You find a hiding spot and attempt to blend in with the surroundings.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

> draw occult small circle
Using some anomalum chalk, you draw a small [redacted] occult circle on the ground.
You feel something drawing at your will and energy as you draw the glyphs of occult power ...
(energy -5)
Roundtime: 10 seconds.

> go circle
You walk over to a small [redacted] occult circle, stopping to stand within its boundaries.

The air around a small [redacted] occult circle shimmers momentarily.

A faint [redacted] aura manifests around you.

(energy -25)

A small [redacted] occult circle disappears in a puff of mist.

> status
Fully rested, Hiding, Unarmed, +0.00, slightly hungry, Position Avoid

> effects
You are currently under the following active effects:
A faint [redacted] aura surrounds you. (x minutes) (dismiss distyr to dismiss)
Bug #2866: It is possibe to draw occult diagrams while hidden.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Rias wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:08 pm Sneaky sketchy diagram-drawing is best done in out-of-the-way places where one won't be spotted. And while we're on the subject: What's the particular reason for not wanting people to see your diagrams or their color?
So um... for those of us with 100 arcana... that's about every 8.5 minutes. Lots of time spent wandering the wilderness trying to make sure we're alone.

I don't want people to see my color because it identifies me. I could have shadow cloak and a disguise on but the second I start drawing, everyone immediately knows who I am. Sometimes people walk through when you're drawing. Going out into the middle of the woods to draw is not feasible because the effect is so quick.
drawstring pouch (open).
Ephemeralis

Post by Ephemeralis »

Could be an interesting idea for a ruin item or another glyph that suppresses or alters the user's visible aura color.