a teamwork-promoting arcana glyph idea

The usage of arcane glyphs and diagrams to power a wide variety of occult rituals.
alila

a teamwork-promoting arcana glyph idea

Post by alila »

Hi,

I have no idea what it might do or what it could be called, but had some inspiration after reading the tactical dodge ability:
Maybe an arcanist-only glyph which needed assistance from others to use it? Much like cunning dodge, the glyph would resolve differently based on the user. IN this case, it could be the occult skills of the person who stands in the circle. Possibly also affinities, if they seem applicable.
Please feel free to suggest what those diagram solutions might be, if you think it could be an interesting idea.
Lexx416

Re: a teamwork-promoting arcana glyph idea

Post by Lexx416 »

I think cooperative occult things would be awesome to see :) (and I'm going to pull a Nobody and shamelessly promote my own thread, which has some thoughts pertinent to this topic).

But! I think it'd be great if there were occult circle configurations that required multiple people to activate, maybe even certain Affinity threshholds when it comes to Arcana (like sonourgy for a cool Big Sound glyph).

I think tying cooperative arcane efforts into item enchantment could be a lot of fun, and make those spooky enchanted objects feel more special and more like a community or team project rather than just some guy entering a circle.

I'd probably keep most unique interactions in line with Arcana, Druidry, and Sorcery, but I could see things like Bard words, different languages (maybe hidden ones that aren't publicly available), and different occult abilities being used for more advanced arcane/occult effects.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."