What music do you listen to while playing?

Socialize with the COGG player community
Xandrea

What music do you listen to while playing?

Post by Xandrea »

I've touched on this with a friend a little but, I thought it would be cool to get an idea from other players too! The question's in the title. I tend to listen to Rhapsody or Visigoth while playing. Especially when I'm in combat. An album from Baby Saster if I'm going for something with no lyrics so I can read easier.

Other times I'll play Sturgil Simpson's "Sound & Fury" album. What about you all?
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?
Talyn

Re: What music do you listen to while playing?

Post by Talyn »

I have a mixture of what I listen to depending on the activity I'm doing. mostly it's orchestra stuff or 'epic music'. Sometimes a bit of Critical roll stuff or D&D battle music when I'm off in combat zones.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Zombilicious

Post by Zombilicious »

It depends entirely on the character, really. For my Bard (and therefore my most played character currently), I listen to a lot of Ashnikko, some Ariana Grande, 'A Little Wicked' by Valerie Broussard. When not in her mindset, it shifts a bit towards Skillet, Falling in Reverse, Britney Spears, Highly Suspect...

But mostly I listen to my Bard's stuff.
:verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident:
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

My default is the Rimworld soundtrack. It's one of those soundtracks that's perfect background music and just never seems to get old no matter how many loops I go through in a single sitting. That's something special right there.

Other soundtracks that I usually have on when I'm playing include the Exiles tracks from WildStar, Bastion entire OST, Starcraft and Starcraft 2 Terran tracks, a few Stardew Valley tracks, and for non-game soundtracks: Firefly and Serenity, and whole bunch of the old Spaghetti Western soundtracks. All great atmospheric stuff that feels more or less appropriate to the game setting and is pleasant to have in the background without trying to jump out and demand too much attention.

I usually avoid lyrical stuff when I'm playing games and trying to get into the game's mood, but I'm not above a little John Denver, James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, Ryan Shupe, the Eagles, First Aid Kit (thanks Lexx), or Stan Rogers (thanks Orris) every now and then while playing COGG.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

oh man! Wildstar was one of my favorite games. Dominion all the way baby! Great soundtracks also
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I've only listened to a little of Old Gods of Appalachia, but they just out an ambient music soundtrack, and I'm loving listening to it while I play COGG.

https://oldgodsofappalachia.bandcamp.co ... s-betrayed - Check it out on their bandcamp.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

I listen to a playlist on spotify that my girlfriend got me into for another character on another game. Viking Metal, on random and repeat all.

Sometimes, but not often, it gets changed to whatever else I might feel, but like I said, usually the Viking Metal.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

A lot of synth and industrial. If it sounds like it belongs in a MegaCorp city underground club, I'll probably listen to it.

Though love electric swing as well.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."