Funny stuff thread

Socialize with the COGG player community
Frisbee

My Own Experimentation with AI and COGG Text

Post by Frisbee »

I was really bored and I couldn't stop laughing at how matter-of-fact this AI was trying to sound while it was spitting out nonsense.
The Viali are a people inhabiting the land of Ivial in southeastern Arad. Their ancestors immigrated to Arad from the continent of Constantia, fleeing oppression from the theocracy of that land. They were able to successfully settle in their new home thanks in large part to the help of the Fasa, though once becoming established they were eager to return to what they were familiar with, and were quick to start work building towns, forts, and castles. The Viali have since spread over a significant portion of southeastern Arad to make Ivial one of the largest territories geographically.

The first to settle on this land were the Fasa, who sought to establish a small tribal kingdom and protect the inhabitants from the constant threat of invasion from the mainland. Initially they stayed to the north of the region, though they were quick to establish their own towns and fortresses, and eventually began to expand their domain south of the land they found. When they expanded southwards they founded settlements around the coastal towns of Ershe, Bessan and Bessan's Castle, though none of them lasted very long. However, eventually these and others (see below) managed to establish themselves as a small buffer between the Viali's home in southeastern Arad and the rest of the world, and it was during this time that the first Viali forts and towns were established. When the Fasa were in control of southeastern Arad, they did not stop at establishing towns in Ivial and Constantia, but also established towns in the rest of the land beyond the realm of the Viali. They also expanded along the coast of south Aran. However, as Ivial became more firmly established and their new towns began to expand inland they established stronger ties with the Viali. The Viali have since expanded from their lands, extending into the plains to the east and the mountains to the west. Though the Viali have often tried to break off ties with the Fasa, often being at war with the Fasa, the two peoples have maintained enough contact that they can help one another in times of need. This fact often means that the Viali are at the forefront of defense when Fasa invaders come to invade the Aran lands, but also that in times of strife the Viali often aid the Fasa.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Gorth

And They Said Hoss Was the Cultist

Post by Gorth »

::SAY:: Speaking to you, Mack says, "Aye, the Blood Good. Speak not his name, 'lest ye open yerself up to his dark influence."
The Blood God is good, everyone! You heard it here!
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Frisbee

Re: Funny stuff thread

Post by Frisbee »

Speaking to Big Red, Lark exclaims, "Duck!"
Lark offers to give a small limestone duck totem to Big Red.
Big Red ducks.
Lark giggles!
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Navi

Post by Navi »

Gerry heads southeast.
You ride along in a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570" pulled by Nettle.
You were followed by 1 mule.
[Ravenwood, Trail] (OutFrFlDt) Late Afternoon, Sweltering hot
You also notice a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570" (occupied by yourself) (being pulled by Nettle) and a pine-planked handcart labeled "Rixt 9901" (being pulled by Weard).
Also here: Gerry (lightly-armored, carrying a handaxe, sweaty), (npc)Nettle (pulling a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570", guarded by Gerry), and (npc)Weard (group, pulling a pine-planked handcart labeled "Rixt 9901", guarded by you).
Obvious paths: northwest, wilderness, a wrought iron gate (open).
Gerry arrives from the northwest, carrying a handaxe.
1 mule follows.
[TO Gerry (OOC)]: what in the world
You disband your group.
[GROUP: The group has only one member left and so has been disbanded.]
You aren't in a group to leave.
[Ravenwood, Trail] (OutFrFlDt) Late Afternoon, Sweltering hot, Clear, Slight Breeze
Large conifers spread across the landscape, their needled boughs blocking out much of the sunlight. Set into a stone wall to the north is a wrought iron #gate, a faded brass #plaque set into the stone next to it. A trail snakes through the old forest to the northwest, around the side of the crumbling wall, while an overgrown footpath leads eastward.
The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570" (occupied by yourself) (being pulled by Nettle) and a pine-planked handcart labeled "Rixt 9901" (being pulled by Weard).
Also here: Gerry (lightly-armored, carrying a handaxe, sweaty), (npc)Nettle (pulling a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570", guarded by Gerry), and (npc)Weard (pulling a pine-planked handcart labeled "Rixt 9901", guarded by you).
Obvious paths: northwest, wilderness, a wrought iron gate (open).
You begin leading Weard.
Herald arrives from the northwest, carrying a hatchet and a knife.
Herald heads out into the wilderness.
Gerry heads out into the wilderness.
You ride along in a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570" pulled by Nettle.
You were followed by 1 mule.
[Woodland Road] (OutWldFrFlDt) Late Afternoon, Sweltering hot
Also here: Gerry (lightly-armored, carrying a handaxe, sweaty), (npc)Nettle (pulling a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570", guarded by Gerry), and (npc)Weard (group, pulling a pine-planked handcart labeled "Rixt 9901", guarded by you).
Obvious paths: east, southeast (road), a footpath.
Gerry arrives, carrying a handaxe.
1 mule follows.
You say, "Oh."
You get up off a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570".
[Roundtime finished.]
[TO Gerry (OOC)]: ahahahhaa
Gerry unhitches a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570" from Nettle.
[#WHO] * Agelity just logged in.
Gerry hitches a pine-planked handcart labeled "Gerry's Cart - Box 6570" up to Nettle.
[#QUESTION] <Eugor> Did we just make a handcart choo choo train?
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

::SAY:: Taliaferro says, "I only meant to ask -- if you had enough paper and ink."
::SAY:: Pigeon says, "I know where to get more at need."
::SAY:: You ask, "Ink?"
::SAY:: Taliaferro says, "See to it, then."
Pigeon nods.
Pigeon heads southwest.
::SAY:: Speaking to you, Taliaferro says, "The watery stuff you use to write with a pen."
::EMOTE:: Maya looks offended.
::SAY:: Speaking to Taliaferro, you slowly ask, "I know what ink is. I meant why not charcoal?"
::EMOTE:: Volinn can't help but let out a brief laugh.
::SAY:: Taliaferro says, "It gets smudged, and doesn't last."
::SAY:: Speaking to yourself, you mutter, "You get smudged and don't last."
Taliaferro laughs!
You nod to Taliaferro.
::SAY:: Taliaferro says, "Your MOTHER gets smudged and doesn't last."
::EMOTE:: "My mother's dead," Maya retorts with a grin.
::SAY:: Taliaferro exclaims, "So's mine!"
You beam happily at Taliaferro!
Volinn shakes his head.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Prism

The Deangelo family's secret technique

Post by Prism »

[OOC-BugStatus: Bug #5246 submitted by you has been closed: "I lit a hidden campfire bundle, so now i have a spooky hidden campfire. This is amazing"]
[Bug was closed with the following note: "You are no longer capable of this forbidden art."]
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "
artus

When the mud gets protective of Jarad

Post by artus »

Xaveid splashes water at Jarad!
Jarad manage to avoid the water!
You splash water at Jarad!
Jarad fails to move out of the way and gets thoroughly drenched!
Xaveid exclaims, "Ha!"
You say, "Let's gang up on this guy."
Jarad says, "Sheer luck, I'd say. I'm not particularly a good dodger. You too seem more versed- pffft."
You grin.
Jarad exclaims, "Hey, no!"
Jarad manage to avoid the water!
Xaveid splashes water at Jarad!
Speaking to Jarad, you exclaim, "Dooodge!"
Jarad swims north.
Xaveid exclaims, "Yes!"
You laugh!
You swim north.
[Communal Baths, Deep End] (InWtrUrRk) Warm
Steam rises from the surface of the clear water in lazy swirls, creating patterns in the air and dampening the sunlight filtering in through a skylight in the polished red stone ceiling. Spouts of steaming water gush from holes in the walls, splashing into the pool and providing a steady supply of warm water. Carved and painted on the walls are images of crashing waves on a stormy sea, with sheets of rain and forks of lightning striking from dark, billowing clouds above.
The area is poorly-lit. There is a thin cloud of fog here. The area is mostly quiet.
The water is too deep to stand here.
Also here: Jarad (shirtless, drenched).
Obvious exits: south (shallow).
Your arms and hands have been washed clean.
That should take care of the body odor problem.
The blood has been washed from you.
Xaveid swims in from the south.
You exclaim, "Come heeere!"
Xaveid exclaims, "Boo!"
You exclaim, "Ha!"
Jarad exclaims, "Ahh!"
Jarad swims south into shallow water.
Xaveid cheers!
You swim south into shallow water.
[Communal Baths, Shallow End] (InWtrUrRk) Warm
Shallow water fills this southern end of the rectangular bath, its warmth causing the air to be thick and damp. Skylights in the ceiling allow sunlight to stream down and glint off the water's surface. Along either edge of the pool below the water level is a low #shelf, allowing bathhouse patrons to sit down and relax in the warm, shallow water. At the center of the shallow area is a pedestal, topped with a #statuette of a large bearded man holding a trident in one hand, a lightning bolt in the other. To the south, a series of shallow steps lead up toward the poolside area, while the pool floor lowers and deepens to the north.
The area is poorly-lit. Several people are milling about the area. The area is slightly noisy.
The area is flooded with shallow water.
Also here: Jarad (shirtless, drenched).
Obvious exits: north (deep), south (land).
You notice Jarad quietly slip into hiding.
Xaveid swims in from the north.
You exclaim, "Aww!"
Xaveid carefully searches the area.
You carefully search the area.
You discover Jarad, who is obviously trying to remain hidden.
(me trying to send splash jarad)
Oops. That command execution failed. Please report this with the bug command using the following syntax: bug <bug info>
Example: bug I get an error when trying to open the door in this room.
Xaveid says, "Cant' hide forever jar."
Oops. That command execution failed. Please report this with the bug command using the following syntax: bug <bug info>
Example: bug I get an error when trying to open the door in this room.
Xaveid laughs!
You notice Jarad emerge from a hiding spot.
Xaveid swims north.
Jarad splashes water at you!
You fail to move out of the way and get thoroughly drenched!
[TO Xaveid (OOC)]: lol execution fail!
Jarad chuckles.
Jarad says, "I sure do feel vindicated."
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

You thrust at a crimson-robed cultist with your steel spear! Melee(d550(1+[1]x)):462 vs Dodge(d453(-2x)):124 = 338 (61%)
74 pierce damage (chest)
A crimson-robed cultist is staggered!
(energy -7)
Roundtime: 6 seconds.

You punch at a crimson-robed cultist with your flaming iron gloves! Melee(d550([1]x)):468 vs Dodge(d453(-3x)):208 = 260 (47%)
14 bludgeon damage (102%) (left arm)
6 fire damage (left arm)

:mrgreen:
Frisbee

We Were Grieving for a Friend, when...

Post by Frisbee »

Artus mumbles, "I thought he was back...!"
You say, "There have been no signs of his return."
Artus sobs, "Wasn't he with suzy when it happened?"
You nod.
Drathin rises and moves over to Artus, placing a comforting hand upon his shoulder.
Artus sobs, "Even then?"
Artus buries his face in his hands, bends down and lets emotions take hold.
Drathin places an arm about Artus, stifling sympathetic tears as he remains by his brother's side.
Sarah remains by the wall, watching on grimly, arms folded over her chest.
Volinn munches on a piece of chevon - as silently as he can manage - as he watches the proceedings with something of a grim expression. He manages to accidentally drop it into the stew with a with a slight *plop* and immediately sinks down in his seat, as if attempting to disappear.
merin

If you're going to lie, don't follow my example.

Post by merin »

I thought this was funny, anyway. It's little moments like this that make me chuckle. I am picturing that cartoon "dooooomp" sound when someone does something stupid.
(Gerry says, "Tsk! Ey! That ain't what we said.")
You laugh!
(Gerry tries to shoo the banknote.)
(You say, "If you're sure. To be honest I am too lazy to go make change.")
(You say, "I was heading out the gate. the bank is all the way across town.")
(It sticks to Gerry's hands because they're covered in clay, and he starts to panic about ruining his mold.)
Gerry has finished shaping a clay small-drillbit casting mold (wet).
(Gerry says, "Aw, fine, well...! Thank ya.")

30 seconds later
You head into a bank carved into the west mountainside.
[Shadgard Mining Co. Bank & Storage] (bank) (InUr) Mild
Obvious exits: out.
Gerry arrives.
An average-height solid sandy-blond-haired youthful man with fair skin and gray eyes arrives.
1 warhorse follows.
Gerry has a few words with a bank teller and hands over some riln.
(Gerry exclaims, "Fibber!")
You laugh!
Gerry heads out.