Hillant mounds

Seekers of knowledge, from physickers to alchemists to occultists.
nobody

Hillant mounds

Post by nobody »

I recently had an interaction with a newer physicker and the question of unguent ingredients came up. I mentioned that bluevalley milkweed can be found all over the plains, and just vaguely mentioned keeping an eye out for hillant mounds. That interaction got me thinking about the current hillant mound situation (which is that they are static in one area, don't move/are reliably there but might have been harvested from too recently to get more), and I was thinking I'd like if it felt more dynamic instead of just a routine shopping trip to grab more of them. A set of ideas to that effect are:
  • Have hillant mounds spawn in the wilderness map in appropriate areas over time, limit it to 1 per room, and no more than 5-15% (I don't know intended rarity) of the rooms in an area that could/should have hillants, and then when they get crushed that despawns the mound. This way they need to be more actively looked for. As an additional benefit, I wouldn't feel like saying where they could pop up would be too much of a spoiler (whereas now, saying where to find them kills the exploration forever).
  • Continue to have the delightful bonus hillant husks from tarruk hunting because that already functions wonderfully.
  • Possibly include a capturable resource site that just has ideal hillant conditions and consequently a lot of hillant mounds and then go with the very low end on the above for finding them randomly in the wild (1-2 rooms in an eligible area maybe?). Or maybe leave this kind of thing for ingredients for more awesome concoctions than just basic healing unguent.
Rias
DEV

Re: Hillant mounds

Post by Rias »

My preference would probably be to have them pop up in appropriate areas. Their current location isn't meant to be a well-kept secret or anything, but individuals can of course decide if they want to keep the information to themselves, or seekers can specify if they'd prefer a hint rather than being told exactly where to go.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO