Additional ailments Ideas and physicker cures

Seekers of knowledge, from physickers to alchemists to occultists.
Umbra

Additional ailments Ideas and physicker cures

Post by Umbra »

Venom entering the bloodstream requiring anti-venom.
(Normally only envomened by venomous bites or stings and have various effects from paralyzing to damage where the flesh just seems to degenerate. To acquire the anti-venom you would have to capture or kill the venomous creature and using a vial/container "milk" the fangs or stinger to get the venom [then mix it with other materials I'm sure]

Poison being ingested or at times of physical contact requiring antidote.(poisons can come from herbs, poisonous amphibians like frogs, salamanders, etc. That have poisonous skin/tissue, so would poison you if you ate or touched it] Would require herbalism to gather herbs and grind them up with mortar and pestle [likely some other materials like a vial and water]

Diseases and medicine.(A large variety of ailments that have long durations only being cured by rest or physicker medicine)

Potions granting various effects. (Temporary stat or skill increase, perhaps a type to restore energy quickly[energy drink? Lol], etc.)

Not sure if it would be better to have 1 "super cure" for each type or have the exact materials required like a snake anti-venom for a snake bite or spider anti-venom for spider, could narrow it down for than that but likely not worth it game wise.
stratcat

Re: Additional ailments Ideas and physicker cures

Post by stratcat »

Why does this make me want to see a poisoner skill one day? Probably a fun thing for rogues and the like.
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

Poison would be an interesting concept to have to deal with. Would be cool to see with mobs or even characters
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Keleran

Post by Keleran »

An idea to cure a bleeding, open wound: Being able to use scissors to clip a few strands of long hair from someone for a suture, if you are in a pinch, and out of thread.
Sembiance

Post by Sembiance »

Maybe a horse, a clean one at that.