Let's talk about Reflection Therapy!

Seekers of knowledge, from physickers to alchemists to occultists.
Edoras

Re: Let's talk about Reflection Therapy!

Post by Edoras »

I don't really like the idea of having two different therapies, because it just feels like it confusing in general and also would be really weird to try to describe in-character.
Xandrea

Post by Xandrea »

I don't see how adding more would make it confusing any. Describing the one that already exists in character is already weird because it effects something that's almost an OOC mechanic. (Cause nobody as a character understands levels)
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?
nobody

Post by nobody »

Xandrea wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am (Cause nobody as a character understands levels)
Yes, yes I do.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The idea of full-bucket downtime is pretty important to COGG, the purpose being it gives people time where they don't feel the need to be grinding away but instead can be interacting and roleplaying without feeling like they're missing out on sweet sweet progression. (Full disclosure: I stole this idea from another MUD.) Which is to say: I'm leaning more "bonus experience per bucket sip" than "larger bucket sips that make it empty faster".

And yeah, "sip" instead of "drip" now, because the former indicates you're getting something you want out of the bucket while the latter sounds more like something is being lost from it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO